Berry Good Breakfast Crispas are simply parfaits served in a crispy cinnamon sugar tortilla bowl – tasty fun! This quick and easy parfait doubles as a great breakfast appetizer or even a simple dessert. Be creative with it by mixing up the berries and toppings. I’ve chosen to use strawberries and blackberries and used toasted almonds to top it off. Next time, I think I’ll toss in toasted coconut as well. Muy bueno!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 4 8-inch flour or whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more if you like)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (or combination of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- extra honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Place 4 oven-safe 6-ounce glass bowls (use ramekins or custard cups) upside down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Lightly coat the ramekins with cooking spray.
- Warm tortillas in microwave between damp paper towels to make pliable. Spritz or sprinkle each side of tortilla with water and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Form the tortilla over the bowls and bake for 12-15 minutes. Halfway through you may want to remove from oven and press another bowl on top of the tortillas to seal the shape. Remove the top bowl and return to oven and continue baking.
- Allow tortillas to cool 5 minutes and remove from the glass bowls. If the bottoms are not crisp, place right side up on baking sheet and return to oven for 3-4 minutes. Cool completely and store in a gallon-size ziplock bag.
- Combine Greek yogurt and honey.
- Divide yogurt equally between crispas/bowls and top with berries and almonds. Drizzle with honey.
Shared on What’s Cooking Wednesday at Buns in my Oven.