Cheesy Shrimp Dip makes a delicious dinner party appetizer. Serve hot and bubbly with pita chips, a sliced and toasted baguette, or assorted crackers.
Looking for a little inspiration for your next party menu? Your guests will love Cheesy Shrimp Dip, a deliciously creamy hot dip served with pita chips, assorted crackers, or perhaps a sliced and toasted baguette. Melt together three cheeses – low-fat cream cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan — with sautéed shrimp scampi and bake until hot and bubbly. Really, really delicious, I tell you!
To prepare Cheesy Shrimp Dip, start with a half pound (or more if you prefer it really chunky) of fresh shrimp that has been peeled and deveined. Give it a rough chop and sauté in butter with garlic, fresh lemon juice, and green onions — which is basically shrimp scampi — until the shrimp are pink. Stir in the cheeses and pour into a baking dish, sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese and smoked paprika, then heat in a 350-degree oven until hot and bubbly. Before serving, garnish with a few more sliced green onions if you like.
I baked this dip in my Pampered Chef Garlic and Brie Baker. It’s the perfect size for oven-to-table warm appetizers or baked brie. I also use this dish when I make another favorite, Blue Cheese Bacon Dip. How can you go wrong with a warm cheesy dip?!
So tell me, what are your favorite cheesy dips? Here are a few more suggestions that you may like:
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip requires just five basic ingredients.
- Sausage, Bean, and Spinach Dip is a very hearty dip that’s perfect for your next football party or tailgating!
- Molasses and Apple Baked Brie, A simple, yet elegant appetizer that’s sure to impress any party guest – ready in just 15 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 8 oz. low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cracked black pepper
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coarsely chop shrimp. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic, and green onions and cook just until the shrimp are pink, 2-3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Add sour cream, mayo, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, then spoon mixture into a 1-quart baking dish and sprinkle top with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly, Serve with pita chips or crackers.