Sweet and salty with a little bit of heat, this Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip with Bacon is irresistible at holiday parties.
‘Tis the Season for delicious party appetizers! This past weekend I made a Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip with Bacon to share with friends at our neighborhood Christmas Open House. It was so tasty that I have a feeling I may just have to make this dip to share at every party we attend this season!
I remember the first time I had spinach dip (like the kind on the back of the Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix package) was at a company Christmas party several years ago. At the time, I remember thinking how good it was and managed to station myself near the party buffet. Without realizing it, I almost single-handedly ate that entire bowl that evening!
Well, that’s seriously what could happen with this Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip with Bacon if you’re not careful!
Besides a jar of Hot Pepper Jelly, this cheesy dip includes cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, garlic, and bacon crumbles…a little bit of sweet, a little bit of heat, and a little bit of savory saltiness from the bacon…YUM! This addictive appetizer is served warm with buttery Ritz-style crackers or pita chips.
Oh, and did I mention this dip has BACON? For the best flavor and results, don’t be tempted to use pre-cooked bacon bits or crumbles. Fresh fried and crumbled bacon makes this dip extra flavorful. Even though it’s just the two of us, when we open a new package of bacon, we’ll go ahead and cook every slice then refrigerate any leftovers to use for on salads or to top baked potatoes. And now, we’ll be saving the bacon for this delicious dip during the holidays!
My Pampered Chef Garlic and Brie Baker was the perfect size for baking this recipe. However, if you are planning for a larger group, you can easily double the ingredients and bake the dip in a 7×11 baking dish instead. Enjoy the Christmas party season, friends!
35 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 10.5 oz jar Hot Pepper Jelly
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add cheddar cheese, garlic, and salt and mix well. Stir in 1/2 jar of hot pepper jelly. Pour into a lightly greased 1 quart baking dish. Bake 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Heat remaining jelly in microwave for 20-30 seconds to soften, slightly melt. spread over top of the dip and sprinkle top with bacon. Serve immediately with crackers or pita chips.
Recipe adapted from Jennifer's Kitchen.