Happy Monday! I don’t know about you, but my life has been absolutely crazy lately! The holidays were literally a blur, and January hasn’t slowed down one little bit! Am I the only one who feels like I’m running around in circles and getting nowhere? Please tell me that I’m not alone! Today, feeling a little extra frazzled, I’m sharing the recipe for Banana Nut Muffins–a flavorful breakfast muffin with a brown sugar-cinnamon-pecan Streusel topping–and I’m laying myself out there with Ten True Confessions of a Food Blogger. Here’s a little insight into what makes me tick when it comes to food and blogging. Thanks for hanging with me, friends!
- I do NOT cook everyday.
- Sometimes the ONLY items in our fridge are cheese and diet coke.
- Not everything that I cook AND photograph make the cut…just ask my husband.
- I have been known to do an entire photo shoot without a card in my camera…maybe even on more than one occasion…yikes!
- I do NOT enjoy washing dishes. Ever.
- I really LOVE chocolate…and peanut butter…and balsamic vinegar…and tomatoes…and Parmesan cheese…and bread….and pecans. You’re sure to find these ingredients featured in a lot of the recipes on my blog.
- I am learning to bake with yeast…I love the aroma of baking bread!
- Breakfast may just be my favorite weekend meal.
- I’m just a bit envious of other bloggers’ food photography…I have so much to learn!
- I am not good at sharing movie popcorn. It’s just best to get your own when you’re out with me…sorry!
More recipes you can make with ripe bananas!
- Banana Chocolate Chunk Cookie Butter Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins
- Whole Grain Banana Nut Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup mashed banana, 2 small, very ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced banana for topping
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and white sugar, then add in milk, oil, mashed bananas, and vanilla.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until all the flour is incorporated -- DO NOT over mix or muffins will be tough. Batter will be thick and lumpy. Fold in 3/4 cup chopped nuts.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins, filling all the way to the top. Mix together remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 cup chopped nuts. Sprinkle evenly over the tops of the batter. Place a couple thin slices of banana on each muffin.
- Bake muffins at 425 degrees for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue to bake for 25-26 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden.
- Cool in muffin tins for 10 minutes.
Recipe by Sally's Baking Addiction
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 279mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 7g