Buffalo Chicken ‘Shrooms (stuffed mushrooms) is one of those things that just sort of happened. You know, one of those check-out-what’s-in-the-fridge and see-what-you-can-come-up-with kind of things. And sometimes, it turns into something worth writing down and sharing with you! This tasty appetizer can be made in a matter of minutes using leftover chicken (a grilled breast or rotisserie chicken works just fine), fresh button mushrooms, a little cheese, and of course, Frank’s Buffalo Sauce. These little appetizer bites are guaranteed to be a hit at your next party! Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken 'Shrooms
- 1 cup cooked chicken chopped
- 4 oz. low-fat cream cheese softened
- 2-3 tablespoons Frank's Buffalo Sauce more or less for your taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 8 oz. pkg. small button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently clean mushrooms by wiping with a damp paper towel; remove stems and discard (or save for another use).
- Stir together chopped chicken, cream cheese, mozzarella, and Frank's Buffalo Sauce. Fill mushroom cavities with chicken mixture.
- Pour bread crumbs into a small bowl and dip tops of filled mushrooms in crumbs to cover filling and place in a baking dish (crumb side up).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly. If desired, place under broiler for a couple of minutes at end of baking until golden brown--watch carefully. Serve immediately.