A casserole of rotini pasta tossed together with juicy rotisserie chicken in a homemade cheddar cheese sauce with a crunchy topping…pure comfort!
When I think of my favorite comfort foods, homemade Mac ‘n Cheese or a creamy Chicken Casserole is pretty high on the list. So combining the two into one casserole is just pure genius, wouldn’t you say?! Think about it – curly rotini pasta tossed together with juicy rotisserie chicken in a homemade cheddar cheese sauce with a hint of garlic that’s then covered with more cheese and a crunchy crumb topping. That’s what I call Cheesy Chicken Mac Casserole, or just pure comfort!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 7 ounces Dubliner cheese, grated (or your favorite cheddar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup Dubliner cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup dry Pepperidge Farm herb seasoned stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
To make sauce:
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk to combine; cook for about 1 minute.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and add cheese and remaining ingredients. Stir until melted.
To make casserole:
- Combine cooked and drained rotini pasta with the chicken and cheese sauce and pour into an 8-inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray or butter.
- Sprinkle the herb stuffing mix then the cheese over the pasta.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 586Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 979mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 39g