If you’re getting ready for a Halloween party with your favorite trick-or-treaters, let me suggest these Chocolate Dipped S’mores by Tip Junkie. No campfire needed — simply toast the grahams with chocolate and ‘mallows in the oven, and then chill and dip!
First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham. Then you roast the ‘mallow. When the ‘mallows flaming… you stick it on the chocolate. Then cover with the other end. Then you scarf. Kind of messy, but good! –Hamilton (Ham) Porter, The Sandlot, 1993
Chocolate Dipped S'mores
- Graham crackers
- Large marshmallows
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
For chocolate dipping
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 375 - 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lay graham cracker squares face up on sheet.
- Place a large marshmallow on half of the squares. On each of the remaining squares, place 9 to 10 chocolate chips (flat side down).
- Place in oven and bake 3-5 minutes or until the marshmallows puff up -- watch carefully!
- Remove from oven and assemble the s'mores. To make dipping in chocolate easier, place s'mores in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and shortening in microwave at 50% power for 45 seconds. Stir and continue melting in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Remove s'mores from freezer and cut into individual cookies if desired. Dip half into chocolate and place on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Add sprinkles and chill for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.