How can Thanksgiving and Black Friday be just two weeks away?!? The holidays are slipping up on me and I am feeling the need to get crack-a-lackin’ with my party planning and Christmas shopping! In anticipation, I’ve been doing a little surfing and have come up with a Dozen Christmas Gift Ideas for Cooks which I thought might be helpful to you in making your gift list, and even better, allow you to do a little shopping without fighting the traffic or lines at the mall! Personally, I’ve never been one to join the Black Friday crowds — it’s just not my thing — but I have enjoyed taking advantage of Black Friday online shopping. ‘Tis the season!
My dozen gift ideas…and maybe a few hints *wink-wink*:
1. KitchenAid stand mixer. No question, this is my very FAVORITE kitchen tool! KitchenAid is now available in lots of colors, including this new Sea Glass — beautiful!
2. Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System. My friend Val has one of these nifty cookers and absolutely loves it! What I think is so cool about the Ninja is that you can roast, steam, sear or saute, or slow cook for easy one-pot cooking. Talk about a slow cooker on steroids!
3. Presto Electric Griddle. My mom gave us an electric griddle several years ago as a Christmas gift and we use it all the time for Saturday morning breakfast–it’s great for frying bacon and for making Peach and Sour Cream Pancakes or Raspberry Oatmeal Pancakes, too!
4. Microplane Zester/Grater. I love, love, love my microplane zester. Use it for fresh lemon or orange zest in recipes like these Meyer Lemon Butter Cookies and enjoy that fresh citrus aroma while you bake!
5. Oxo Salad Spinner. I don’t actually have one of these neat spinners..ahem…but this would come in very handy for washing, drying and draining leafy greens. I like that this one is dishwasher safe, too.
6. GIR Ultimate Spatula. Available in many different colors and sizes, these heat-resistant silicone spatulas are both fun and practical.
9. Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence: Irresistibly Sweet, Salty, Gooey, Sticky, Fluffy, Creamy, Crunchy Treats. Need I say more about this cookbook?
10. Cuisipro Cookie Cutters. My favorite new cookie cutters (I have the trees) come in sets of 5 nesting cookie cutters and are available in multiple shapes–round, fluted, trees, stars, and hearts.
11. Black & Decker Electric Citrus Juicer. Make fresh OJ or lemonade easily with one of these compact little juicers.
12. Pastry Mat by Sili Bake. Another one of my new baking tools, I really don’t know how I didn’t buy one sooner! The non-slip silicone pastry mat makes for easy cleanup and has handy measuring guides for rolling out crusts, eliminating guesswork.
Happy shopping, friends!
Disclaimer: All images in the collage are from Amazon. The links in this post are affiliate links meaning, at no additional cost to you, purchases made through Amazon on this blog yield a small referral fee which will help me maintain Life, Love, and Good Food by paying for hosting and other supplies…thanks for your support when you shop!