I’m doing a quick Saturday post to share the recipe for my Favorite Fresh Salsa…just in time for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations! During the summer months I probably make this fresh salsa at least once a week. It’s just that irresistible. I hope you enjoy making it for your Fiesta!
Tip: Use really ripe, red tomatoes for the best flavor.
Favorite Fresh Salsa
- 3 scallions green onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded
- 1 lb. ripe sweet Campari or Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or lime
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh Cilantro leaves chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- In a food processor or mini chopper, pulse scallions, garlic, and jalapeno pepper until finely diced. Add cilantro and pulse one or two times.
- Dice tomatoes (I usually do this by hand to keep the salsa a bit chunky) and combine with all other ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately (or chill first if you prefer) with tortilla chips.