The NFL playoffs are winding down and football fans across the nation are making Super Bowl party plans. Whether you’re an avid fan or not, the Super Bowl is always a great excuse to gather with friends, eat game day food, and critique the new million-dollar TV commercials! For those who’ve just kicked-off their New Year’s diets, I’m sharing ideas for healthier Super Bowl party snacks that include this ultimate party dip, Loaded Buffalo Hummus. This layered dip requires only five ingredients and five minutes and can be served with an assortment of crackers, pita bread, or even carrots and celery sticks for those carb-conscious fans!
At the end of every year I find myself counting down the occasions that are standing in my way of eating healthier. I tell myself that I’ll get serious about watching what I eat after the next food event is over — birthday dinner, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve — and there are less temptations.
Once January arrives, eating healthier is smooth sailing, right? Who am I kidding?! We barely get to the end of the month, then there’s the Super Bowl. And what’s a Super Bowl party without plenty of dips, pizza, chili, burgers, and meatballs?! Am I right?!
Score extra points with a healthier Super Bowl Party
Here’s another confession—I crave all those things! Dip, pizza, chili, burgers, and meatballs! The answer for me is moderation. Indulging on occasion is fine, if I remember to FOCUS on making good choices the other 95 percent of the time. For me, finding snacks that are healthy AND taste good is key to feeding those cravings without completely falling off the wagon. That’s why I’m excited about today’s five-ingredient dip made with Hope Foods Buffalo Bleu Hummus!
My husband is not usually a fan of hummus, but he loves most things with buffalo flavor and this layered dip was a real win! I chose to load it up with roasted red peppers, Feta cheese (or you could use blue cheese crumbles), sliced green onions, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. So simple, so quick, and so good!
Loaded Buffalo Hummus
Five ingredients and five minutes is all you need to make Loaded Buffalo Hummus. I purchased my Hope Hummus at our local Whole Foods, but in my area it is also available at Publix, Earth Fare, and The Fresh Market. Check out the Hope Foods website for other interesting hummus flavors and to find locations that sell their products near you.
Add these recipes to your line up for a healthier Super Bowl party!
- Skinny Taco Soup made in the slow cooker is packed with flavor and super easy to prepare. Sauté onions and turkey, open a few cans, and you’re good to go!
- These grilled Greek Turkey Burgers are so flavorful and juicy you’ll forget that they are actually healthy, too!
- Simple two-ingredient Skinny BBQ Turkey Meatballs are simmered in a tangy homemade barbecue sauce.
- Guacamole with a secret ingredient is a deliciously creamy dip with more vitamins and nutrients that traditional guacamole. Eat it with veggie sticks for a guilt-free, heart-healthy snack!
- Mini Caprese Pizzas are not only delicious, but they’re fun to make. Plus, the recipe includes a gluten-free pizza crust!
Did you make this Loaded Buffalo Hummus recipe?
If you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating!
Loaded Buffalo Hummus
- 1 tub Hope Foods Buffalo Bleu Hummus
- 4 tablespoons Trader Joe's Red Pepper Sauce (or diced and drained roasted red peppers)
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper or black peppercorns, optional for garnish
- Spread Buffalo Bleu Hummus on a shallow dish or tray. Spread a layer of roasted red pepper sauce on top, leaving an inch border around the edge. Sprinkle with Feta cheese and the sliced green onion, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with black peppercorns, if desired, and serve with your choice of crackers, chips, or vegetable sticks (celery and carrots).