When the girls were in middle school I would bake Mini Cinnamon Rolls for almost every sleepover breakfast and they were always a HUGE hit. Today’s Mini Spiced Pumpkin Rolls, filled with a pumpkin filling and topped with a cream cheese glaze, are the grown-up version of my famous bite-size cinnamon roll. (At least they are famous among my daughters’ friends and my family!)
These rolls start with two cans of Pillsbury crescent rolls, so there is no time consuming dough making in this recipe! Separate the dough into rectangles (2 dough crescents) and press the seams, then top with the pumpkin filling and roll them up from the short side. It’s a simple recipe, but just know that they are a little messy to assemble. Once all the dough filled, roll each one in a cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on a plate. Chill or freeze for at least 30 minutes to make slicing easier before baking. Top warm rolls with the glaze or enjoy them plain. Either way, they will literally melt in your mouth! Enjoy!
Mini Spiced Pumpkin Rolls
- 2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons sugar
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin with softened cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Roll out crescent dough into rectangles, pinching together seams (2 crescents for each rectangle - you'll have 4 dough rectangles per can). Spread about 1 tablespoon pumpkin mixture on top of each dough rectangle, then roll it up from the short side.
- Dip or roll each roll into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on a plate and chill or freeze for 30 minutes to make slicing easier.
- Slice each roll into 5 pieces and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Combine glaze ingredients and spread over top warm rolls. Serve immediately.