When my girls were young and their friends were at our house for sleepovers, they always asked me to make Mini Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast. The kids loved them and I loved that they were as simple as rolling out Pillsbury crescent rolls and adding a little butter, cinnamon sugar, and a powdered sugar glaze. I’d gotten the recipe with one of my Pampered Chef baking dishes and it became a fast favorite. Raspberry Almond Sweet Rolls also start with refrigerated crescent rolls and have a sweet almond cream cheese and raspberry filling, and after just one bite I’m sure these will also become a fast favorite!
I’ve written the recipe below using two cans of the crescents, which can be baked in a 9×13 baking dish and will yield 40 mini sweet rolls. You can also easily halve the recipe (to make 20 mini sweet rolls) and bake them in a 9×9 baking dish if you are not serving a bigger crowd. Keep in mind, though, that no one can east just one of these so you’ll want to plan 3 or 4 per serving — remember they are bite-size!
The process for making these sweet rolls is pretty simple. Start by rolling the crescent dough into rectangles (2 triangle rolls pressed together at the seams). Cream together the ingredients for the cream cheese mixture and divide it among the rectangles and spread evenly. Top the cream cheese mixture with a couple of tablespoons of raspberry jam (or perhaps even apricot, strawberry, or blueberry) and spread carefully. Sprinkle with slivered almonds (optional) and then roll each rectangle up from the short side. Beware, this can be a little messy!
At this point, I usually place my unbaked rolls in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before slicing. The rolls will hold up a little better as you slice them and place them in the baking dish.
This gooey mess goes into the oven for about 20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown. While they are still warm, drizzle with the glaze and sprinkle with more almonds if you like.
These rolls literally melt in your mouth and are best served warm from the oven. Believe me, they’ll disappear quickly and are sure to become a new favorite brunch treat! Enjoy!
Raspberry Almond Sweet Rolls
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract until smooth.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into rectangles (2 crescent triangles pressed together at the seams). Spread a layer of the cream cheese mixture on top of each rectangle, then spread a layer of raspberry preserves (about 2 tablespoons per rectangle), and sprinkle with a tablespoon of almonds.
- From the short side, roll each rectangle into a roll and place on a plate, seam side down. Place rolls in the freezer for 10-15 minutes (for easier slicing).
- Remove from freezer and slice each roll into 5 pieces and place in baking dish. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Stir together powdered sugar with almond extract and milk, adding one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency. Pour over warm rolls and sprinkle with more almonds, if desired.