Happy Friday, friends! Mother’s Day is this weekend, so I am sharing a beautiful easy-as-pie Strawberry Nutella Cream Tart that’s a great brunch item Dads can prepare with their kiddos to impress Mom! This dessert is made in a 10-inch tart pan like this one from Williams-Sonoma with a removable bottom — a nice gift idea *wink-wink* — but, the tart could just as easily be prepared using an 11 x 7-inch baking sheet. Simply use a can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls to make the crust (easy!) and then top it off with all kinds of deliciousness. There’s a hidden layer of Nutella plus a hint of orange in the cream cheese. So, make your shopping list (hint: use the ZipList SAVE button on the recipe!), spend some quality time in the kitchen with your kids, and get ready to make Mom smile!
Tip: Dads, this dessert needs to chill a couple of hours, so just be sure to plan ahead.
Strawberry Nutella Cream Tart
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 6 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll crescent rolls and press along bottom and sides of a 10-inch tart pan (or 11x7 baking sheet) to form a crust being sure to seal all seams. Bake 12 minutes or until golden. If the crust seems to puff up too much around the sides, gently press down to help form the shape along the sides of the tart pan. Cool crust 5 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of Nutella over bottom of crust.
- With a hand-held mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, and 1 tablespoon orange marmalade until creamy. Spread mixture on top of Nutella layer. Cover with wax paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Rinse strawberries and pat dry with paper towels. Remove tops and slice berries from top to bottom.
- Just before serving, layer sliced berries on top of cream cheese layer. Melt orange marmalade in microwave a few seconds and drizzle over top of berries. Remove the tart ring (the pan side) and slice to serve, or if using a baking sheet, simply cut into squares to serve.