Easy-Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
Get ready for Fall football parties and tailgates with this EASY-Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup made with a deli rotisserie chicken. Start to finish, this soup is ready in about 30 minutes!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded, about 3 cups
- 3 10-oz. cans red enchildada sauce, mild or spicy
- 1 15-oz. can petite diced tomatoes (fire roasted, if desired)
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tabespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shreddee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh cilantro for garnish
Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add diced onions and cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
Stir in red enchilada sauce and chicken. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes,
Add drained beans and corn and salt/pepper and continue cooking until heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Serve with tortilla chips or tortilla strips and garnich with cilantro, if desired.