Pepper Steak Stir-Fry
Fresh ginger and a trio of bell peppers in this Pepper Steak Stir-Fry result in loads of flavor and a colorful entrée for your dinner table.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper (or more/less to taste)
PEPPER STEAK INGREDIENTS:
- 1 lb sirloin steak (cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 green onions (sliced and divided)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the peppers and the white part of the green onions, ginger, and garlic for about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the wok and add half of the marinated steak, reserving the marinade. Stir fry 2 to 3 minutes until browned; transfer to the plate. Repeat with the remaining steak; and again transfer to the plate.
Pour the reserved marinade into the wok. Cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Add the previously cooked ingredients and stir. Cook a couple of minutes until heated through. Add the green onion tops and give it one more stir.
Serve immediately over rice or quinoa.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 14g | Sodium: 331mg | Sugar: 2g