Sweet Potato Salad
SWEET and SPICY! Sweet Potato Salad gets spice from diced fresh jalapeño and sweetness from a simple maple syrup vinaigrette.
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place sweet potatoes into a large bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Pour the potatoes onto a large baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until tender.
Place roasted potatoes in a large bowl and add bacon, jalapeño, and green onions, tossing gently.
Whisk together the maple syrup, red wine vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Pour dressing over the warm potatoes and toss gently until coated. Serve warm or cold.