Meaty. Smoky. Juicy. Tender. And EASY! Cook delicious EASY Smoked Baby Back Ribs with just three simple steps in your electric smoker!
My hubby got a new toy last year—an electric smoker—and we’re all enjoying his outdoor cooking adventures. We’ve sampled smoked turkey for Thanksgiving, smoked chicken wings for football season, smoked beef jerky, and now smoked ribs!
After a full week in the office, we love getting outside so this time of year you’ll find us grilling—and now smoking—several times a week. Today, I’m sharing a simple three-step Easy Smoked Baby Back Ribs recipe for the electric smoker.
Besides the meat, all you need is olive oil, seasoning salt, and a good maple or applewood flavored grill rub like Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple.
Step 1: Marinate the ribs
Trim the fat from the ribs (if necessary) and rub 1 tablespoon of olive oil all over each rack of ribs.
Sprinkle the ribs liberally with seasoning rub and salt, about a 2-to-1 ratio, on both sides.
Wrap each rack tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours, or overnight.
Step 2: Smoke ribs for 4 hours
Set the smoker to 225 degrees. Add soaked hickory wood chips in the bottom of the smoker (follow your manufacturer’s instructions). Unwrap the ribs and place evenly on the racks of your electric smoker. Close the door and cook for 4 hours.
Be patient and enjoy the aroma coming from those ribs inside the smoker!
Step 3: Wrap ribs in foil and cook two hours
Remove the ribs and wrap each rack tightly in aluminum foil. Return to the smoker and cook for 2 more hours.
Remove the ribs and cut into sections with one or two bones each and serve with your favorite barbecue sauce for dipping. Follow these easy steps and experiment with different sauces and rubs to find your favorite combination. Enjoy cooking outdoors, friends!
You might be interested to know…
Since this post was originally shared, we’ve continued perfecting our rib smoking skills and have developed a recipe for dry rub that we especially enjoy. You might want to check out our post on How to Make the BEST Electric Smoker Ribs that includes our recipe for sweet and smoky dry rub, mop sauce, and barbecue sauce, too!
Easy Smoked Baby Back Ribs Recipe
This Easy Smoked Baby Back Ribs recipe is certainly a great one if you’re just beginning to experiment with cooking in an electric smoker, and this recipe for EASY Homemade Barbecue Sauce is a yummy dipping sauce for those succulent ribs.
- 2-3 racks baby back ribs
- smokehouse maple seasoning
- seasoning salt
- olive oil
- hickory wood chips
- The day before:
- Rub each rack of baby back ribs with about a tablespoon of olive oil on both sides. Liberally sprinkle with smokehouse maple seasoning and seasoning salt. (The ratio of seasoning to salt should be 2:1.) Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Smoking day:
- Follow manufacturer's directions for your electric smoker. Soak hickory chips in water and place in bottom of smoker
- Preheat electric smoker to 225 degrees. Add hickory wood chips (follow your manufacturer's directions).
- Unwrap ribs and place evening on racks in smoker. Cook for 4 hours.
- Remove ribs from smoker and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Return to the smoker and cook 2 more hours.
- Remove ribs from smoker and serve with barbecue sauce for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 546Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 37g