This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
My life has been a little crazy lately (I’ll share more about that in a few weeks) and last Saturday morning I woke up without a cooking plan. What that meant for this weekend food blogger was that I needed to think fast if I was going to stick to my self-imposed twice-a-week posting schedule.With so many things to do, I knew sifting through cookbooks and grocery shopping might not be a luxury for my day. My fall back plan? Work with what’s on hand….a can of Pillsbury® Grands!®, a partial jar of Nutella, and King Arthur’s Espresso Powder….bam! Espresso Hazelnut Pull-Apart Mini Bread!
I used my veggie pan (usually for baking stuffed peppers) to bake up individual “monkey breads” incorporating two of my favorite tastes — chocolate and coffee. Pat out the individual Pillsbury® Grands!® biscuits and spread with a teaspoon of Nutella, then roll them up like a jelly roll and slice. Shake them up in a ziplock bag filled with a sugar-espresso powder mixture, drop them in the pans and bake. The final touch is a drizzle of my easy mocha glaze — blogging crisis averted! Enjoy your day, friends!
Espresso Hazelnut Pull-Apart Mini Bread
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 can Pillsbury® Grands!® biscuits 8 count
- 8 teaspoons Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons brewed coffee cooled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare pan (use a muffin tin or veggie/stuffed pepper pan) by coating well with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and espresso powder in a zip lock bag.
- Roll or pat out each Grands biscuit to about 1/4 inch thickness. Spread each biscuit with 1 teaspoon Nutella, then roll up jelly-roll fashion. Slice each biscuit rolls into 5 pieces. Place 5 pieces at a time in the ziplock bag with the sugar-espresso mixture and shake.
- Drop sugar-coated biscuit pieces into the pan, filling up about 2/3 of the way. Sprinkle a little extra sugar on top.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden. Immediately invert onto a wire rack. Cool for 5 minutes before drizzling with the glaze.
- Combine powdered sugar and cocoa in a small bowl. Stir in coffee, 1 tablespoon at a time, until completely smooth and the desired consistency. Drizzle over warm bread.
Life Love and Good Food does not claim to be a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information shared on this site is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.