My life has been a little crazy lately (I’ll share more about that in a few weeks) and last Saturday morning I woke up without a cooking plan. What that meant for this weekend food blogger was that I needed to think fast if I was going to stick to my self-imposed twice-a-week posting schedule.With so many things to do, I knew sifting through cookbooks and grocery shopping might not be a luxury for my day. My fall back plan? Work with what’s on hand….a can of Pillsbury® Grands!®, a partial jar of Nutella, and King Arthur’s Espresso Powder….bam! Espresso Hazelnut Pull-Apart Mini Bread!
I used my veggie pan (usually for baking stuffed peppers) to bake up individual “monkey breads” incorporating two of my favorite tastes — chocolate and coffee. Pat out the individual Pillsbury® Grands!® biscuits and spread with a teaspoon of Nutella, then roll them up like a jelly roll and slice. Shake them up in a ziplock bag filled with a sugar-espresso powder mixture, drop them in the pans and bake. The final touch is a drizzle of my easy mocha glaze — blogging crisis averted! Enjoy your day, friends!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 can Pillsbury® Grands!® biscuits, 8 count
- 8 teaspoons Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons brewed coffee, cooled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare pan (use a muffin tin or veggie/stuffed pepper pan) by coating well with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and espresso powder in a zip lock bag.
- Roll or pat out each Grands biscuit to about 1/4 inch thickness. Spread each biscuit with 1 teaspoon Nutella, then roll up jelly-roll fashion. Slice each biscuit rolls into 5 pieces. Place 5 pieces at a time in the ziplock bag with the sugar-espresso mixture and shake.
- Drop sugar-coated biscuit pieces into the pan, filling up about 2/3 of the way. Sprinkle a little extra sugar on top.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden. Immediately invert onto a wire rack. Cool for 5 minutes before drizzling with the glaze.
- Combine powdered sugar and cocoa in a small bowl. Stir in coffee, 1 tablespoon at a time, until completely smooth and the desired consistency. Drizzle over warm bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 46gProtein: 3g