This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Brussels Sprouts are naturally bitter, but roasting these tiny cabbages until caramelized brings out a bit of sweetness and delicious nutty flavor. Today, I’m excited to share a sneak-peek recipe from my new book, The 5-Ingredient Fresh & Easy Cookbook, for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Pecans.
Brussels Sprouts are in season during the Autumn and Winter months making them a very popular fresh vegetable for the holidays. Just five ingredients and 30 minutes is all you need to make this Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Pecans recipe, so you’ll have more time for other holiday fun!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta & Pecans
Brussels sprouts are low in calories and high in many nutrients like fiber and Vitamin C so this is one tasty dish you can feel good about during the holidays. Besides that, I love that this fresh side dish is SO EASY to prepare! Good food doesn’t always have to take a ton of time and effort.
To make this dish, you’ll need a pound of fresh Brussels sprouts. This time of year, you may find that your grocery has stocked Brussels sprouts on the stalk. You can certainly use those, but I usually purchase a bag of the heads already cut off of the stalk to save on prep time.
How to Clean Brussels Sprouts
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a colander and rinse with running cool water to remove any dust or grit.
- Use a sharp paring knife to cut off the tip of the stem and discard.
- Remove blemished or yellow outer leaves.
- Slice the Brussels sprouts in half from the top down to the stem. For larger heads, make 3 or 4 slices.
The 5-Ingredient Fresh & Easy Cookbook
The 5-Ingredient Fresh and Easy Cookbook is the perfect way to create efficiency in the kitchen and grocery store while still producing nutritious, interesting meals.
What’s the book all about?
I’m so glad you asked! The 5-Ingredient Fresh & Easy Cookbook offers tips on how to optimize your kitchen and work space, reinvent your meals, and even stock your shelves.
What else is included?
- Tips, tricks, and meal planning basics
- A glimpse into my busy life
- 90+ recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, sides, snacks, desserts
- and more!
The 5-Ingredient Fresh and Easy Cookbook
Pre-order your copy today!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Pecans Recipe
Whenever I cook Brussels sprouts — whether it’s roasting or on the stovetop — I always make sure the cut side is down. That way the Brussels sprouts get caramelized to a nice golden brown and the flavor is intensified.
To prep this dish ahead of time, slice the Brussels sprouts, cover, and refrigerate up to a day ahead of cooking.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Pecans
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup pancetta diced
- 1/3 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice the Brussels sprouts in half and place on a rimmed baking sheet. If they have larger heads, cut them into 3 or 4 slices instead of halves.
- Add the pancetta and pecans and drizzle with the olive oil, tossing until evenly coated. Make sure most of the Brussel sprouts are cut-side down. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender and caramelized.
- Make sure most of the Brussel sprouts are cut-side down so that you get nice browning.
- To prep this dish ahead of time, slice the Brussels sprouts, cover, and refrigerate up to a day ahead of cooking.