I am proud to be partnering with Imperial Sugar to bring you this tasty recipe! As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
It’s finally October and that means we’ll be planning harvest parties, deciding on Halloween costumes, eating candied apple treats, and celebrating Chocotoberfest!
This time of year, CHOCOLATE Apple Pie Nachos make a fun party dessert. Cinnamon pie dough “tortilla chips” are loaded with a brown sugar apple compote, decadent chocolate ganache, a cinnamon glaze, and slivered almonds.
Even though the pie crust tortilla chips are sturdier than regular tortilla chips, serve these apple pie nachos with plenty of napkins!
The apple pie filling is a simple mixture of diced Gala apples that cooks in just 5-7 minutes with lemon juice and vanilla and is sweetened with Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar.
Imperial Sugar ancd Chocotoberfest
Imperial Sugar is the gold sponsor for this year’s Chocotoberfest event. All week long, bloggers across the globe are sharing their favorite chocolate recipes, many of which feature Imperial Sugar, a trusted name in family kitchens all across the south.
Home cooks have been baking with Imperial Sugar high-quality sugar and sweetener products for over 100 years. In fact, this year Imperial Sugar is celebrating their 175th anniversary.
The company was started in Texas in by the Williams brothers who built a mule-powered sugar mill and began grinding sugar cane along the Oyster Creek.
Over 100 years later, their 100% pure cane sugar, non-GMO family of products include granulated sugar, light and dark brown sugar, free-flowing sugar, powdered sugar, sugar shakers and Steviacane® (Stevia + sugar blend).
DID YOU MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE APPLE PIE NACHOS RECIPE?
If you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating! And, if you’re into sharing photos of your cooking adventures, tag @lifeloveandgoodfood on Instagram and hashtag it #lifeloveandgoodfood. Happy cooking, friends!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Pie Crust Tortilla Chips
- 1/2 pkg. refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large Gala apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2-3 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll pie dough and cut into 12 triangles and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon and sprinkle over the pie dough. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Place diced apples and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until apples begin to change texture, about 5-7 minutes. Do not over cook. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and brown sugar until dissolved.
- Heat 1/2 cup heavy cream over medium low heat just until it starts to bubble around the edges. Place chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl and pour warm cream over top. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, stir gently until the chocolate is melted and the ganache is the desired consistency.
- Combine powdered sugar, cinnamon, and milk in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. If needed, add a bit more milk to get the desired consistency.
- Place triangles on a serving platter and top with apple compote. Drizzle chocolate ganache and cinnamon glaze over top and sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 3gSugar: 43gProtein: 3g
Sheila Thigpen, author of Easy Chicken Cookbook and The 5-Ingredient Fresh and Easy Cookbook, is a recipe developer, food photographer, and food writer. She spent 20+ years as a business manager in the publishing industry before she retired in 2018 to focus on her passions — cooking, photography, and writing. Living near the beautiful Smoky Mountains, Sheila and her husband have two adult daughters and two fine sons-in-law, are active in their church, love to travel, and have a precious little granddaughter who has stolen their hearts. Follow Sheila on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!