I am proud to be partnering with Forté Artisan Chocolates to bring you this tasty recipe! As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Worthy of any special celebration, this melt-in-your-mouth, buttery Rosemary Sea Salt White Chocolate Shortbread is both savory and sweet with just the right amount of saltiness. Not only that, this shortbread cookie has a delicate texture, not as crumbly as some, and is topped with a creamy white chocolate rosemary glaze. The cookie features the international award winning Gusto Rosemary Sea Salt White Chocolate Bar by Forté Artisan Chocolates, with a classic pairing of organic rosemary and sea salt from the coast of Portugal in silky-smooth white chocolate. Are you drooling yet?!
If you’ve been following my social media this week, you know that I’ve partnered with an awesome group of bloggers to share our favorite chocolate-lover recipes (like these Chocolate Apple Pie Nachos) during Choctoberfest. As we end the week-long Chocotoberfest celebration, let me encourage you to live a little and Celebrate Life With Chocolate! Forté Artisan Chocolates is generously offering our readers a buy 3 get 1 free discount on their bars. Created by one of the top chocolatiers in the world, Forté chocolates with flavors like Lemon & Pepper and Aztec Soul (chili pepper in dark chocolate) are delicious for all sorts of baked goods and even savory dishes.
I was lucky enough to sample the Gusto Rosemary Sea Salt White Chocolate Bar and used it to infuse savoriness into a classic shortbread cookie. I used both fresh rosemary and a chopped Rosemary Sea Salt White Chocolate Bar in the batter and also used one of the bars to make a drizzle for the top of the shortbread.
How to make the perfect shortbread cookies
- The easy way to make the shortbread dough is in a food processor. The key is to pulse the ingredients together just until the mixture is crumbly.
- Do not over mix the dough. You don’t want a dough to form in the food processor. Instead, you should press it together when you put it into the baking pan.
- Remember, the essence of shortbread is the buttery texture. It’s best to use COLD butter, don’t let it soften or the dough will be too gooey to press into the pan.
- Allow the shortbread to cool COMPLETELY before cutting or removing from the pan.
- Prick the dough all over with a fork before baking to keep it from rising too much.
The Forté Holiday Bake-Off!
Do you love chocolate and love to bake? If so, you could win bragging rights and an awesome chocolate prize pack from Forté Artisan Chocolates in the Forté Holiday Bake-Off! Submit your recipes with a photo of your creation to Forté through Instagram, Facebook Messenger, or send to [email protected] to enter!
Not only that, we are offering a #Choctoberfest prize pack from our generous sponsors!
Scroll down to learn how you can enter to win. One lucky winner will receive the following:
- A 100-Piece Cake Decorating Kit from our blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen. This set includes a cake turntable, piping bags, piping tips, flower nozzles, scapers, and more.
- An Instant Pot and a 40-Pound Case of Granulated Sugar from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar. Imperial Sugar provides high-quality sugar and sweetener products and over 100 years of time-tested recipes. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial Sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations.
- Coconut Oil and Chocolate Silk Greens from our silver sponsor Barlean’s, your trusted source for chocolatey goodness superfood nutrition. Barlean’s has a commitment to staying ahead of the innovation curve in providing the absolute highest quality product.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Forte Chocolates. You’ll receive 12 of their most popular chocolate bars. With Forte Chocolates, you can celebrate life through chocolate. They also have a line of chocolate developed specifically to use in savory recipes.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Divine Chocolate. You’ll receive one of each of their baking bars, a white chocolate bar, and their top 5 everyday bars. Divine Chocolate is the only Fairtrade chocolate company in the world that is owned by cocoa farmers. Their baking bars are also a delicious vegan option.
- A Selection of Sprinkles from our silver sponsor Sprinkle Pop. Sprinkle Pop’s bespoke sprinkle creations are one of a kind, just like you! At Sprinkle Pop, you can also order a custom sprinkle mix; there isn’t a sprinkle mix that you can dream up that they can’t create.
That’s a prize pack worth over $400! Open worldwide, except where prohibited. Must be 18+ to enter (21+ in some locations). See terms and conditions for more details.
To enter, simply follow our sponsors using the widget below. You can gain additional entries by following me and the other participating bloggers. A winner will be drawn on October 21, 2018 and contacted via email. Good luck!
DID YOU MAKE THIS ROSEMARY SEA SALT WHITE CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD RECIPE?
If you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating!
And, if you’re into sharing photos of your cooking adventures, please tag @lifeloveandgoodfood on Instagram and hashtag it #lifeloveandgoodfood. Happy baking, friends!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, (plus more for garnish)
- 14 tablespoons cold butter (1 stick + 6 tablespoons), cubed
- 1 Gusto Rosemary Sea Salt White Chocolate Bar, chopped
- 1 Gusto Rosemary Sea Salt White Chocolate Bar, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place flour, sugars, rosemary and salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse 2-3 times until blended. Add butter (cut into small cubes) and the Gusto Rosemary Sea Salt White Chocolate Bar and pulse to fine crumbs.
- Pour dough into an ungreased 8- or 9-inch-square baking pan or 9-inch tart pan. Use a fork to prick dough all over and bake until golden brown, about 40-45 minutes. Cool COMPLETELY on a wire rack before adding the glaze and cutting into squares or wedges.
- Place chopped Gusto Rosemary Sea Salt White Chocolate Bar into a heat safe bowl with 1 teaspoon milk. Microwave on 50% power for 20 seconds and stir until smooth. Drizzle over shortbread and garnish with a sprinkle of sea salt and more chopped fresh rosemary, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 349mg Carbohydrates: 31g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g