This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Ask my children, I was not the parent they went to for math homework help, but I’m all about joining math geeks around the world celebrating PI Day. Any excuse for a good piece of pie, right? Grasshopper Pie, a frozen mint pie in a chocolate cookie crust, is also a good choice for St. Patrick’s Day.
Pi Day is celebrated on March 14 (3/14) around the world. Pi (Greek letter “π”) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant — the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter — which is approximately 3.14159. (www.piday.org)
I decided to chop up some Dove Dark Chocolate Mint candies to garnish my pie (and I maybe ate a few along the way), and just love the surprise messages inside the foil wrappers. “Remember the simple pleasures in life. Love, Dove.” Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 38 large marshmallows
- 1 cup milk
- 5 1/2 tablespoons Creme de Menthe
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Creme de Cocoa
- 1 1/3 cup whipping cream whipped
- 12-14 Dove Mint & Dark Chocolate candies chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine chocolate cookie crumbs and melted butter and press into bottom of a 10-inch spring-form pan. Bake for 10 minutes; cool completely.
- Heat milk and marshmallows in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until all the marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Once cool, whisk gently, then stir in Creme de Menthe and Creme de Cocoa until combined. (You may add a couple drops of green food coloring now if you like.) Fold in the whipped cream and pour over the chocolate crust.
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- To serve, remove sides of pan and garnish with more whipped cream and chopped Dove mint & dark chocolate candies if you like.
Life Love and Good Food does not claim to be a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information shared on this site is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.