Ask my children, I was not the parent they went to for math homework help, but I’m all about joining math geeks around the world celebrating PI Day. Any excuse for a good piece of pie, right? Grasshopper Pie, a frozen mint pie in a chocolate cookie crust, is also a good choice for St. Patrick’s Day.
Pi Day is celebrated on March 14 (3/14) around the world. Pi (Greek letter “π”) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant — the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter — which is approximately 3.14159. (www.piday.org)
I decided to chop up some Dove Dark Chocolate Mint candies to garnish my pie (and I maybe ate a few along the way), and just love the surprise messages inside the foil wrappers. “Remember the simple pleasures in life. Love, Dove.” Enjoy!
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 38 large marshmallows
- 1 cup milk
- 5-1/2 tablespoons Creme de Menthe
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Creme de Cocoa
- 1-1/3 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 12-14 Dove Mint & Dark Chocolate candies, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine chocolate cookie crumbs and melted butter and press into bottom of a 10-inch spring-form pan. Bake for 10 minutes; cool completely.
- Heat milk and marshmallows in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until all the marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Once cool, whisk gently, then stir in Creme de Menthe and Creme de Cocoa until combined. (You may add a couple drops of green food coloring now if you like.) Fold in the whipped cream and pour over the chocolate crust.
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- To serve, remove sides of pan and garnish with more whipped cream and chopped Dove mint & dark chocolate candies if you like.
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 853Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 288mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 51g