Mediterranean Layer Dip is bursting with all the best Greek flavors —Kalamata olives, capers, and Feta cheese — and includes a light Mediterranean Pico (fresh Greek salsa) plus homemade white bean hummus as its base.
The five layers in this Greek dip include white bean hummus, Greek Pico, Feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and capers. The Pico is made from a mixture of fresh herbs, chopped tomato, and English cucumber which gives this appetizer a delightful freshness and beautiful color.
Cut pita bread or naan into triangles, lightly season, and bake them for ten minutes to make your own pita chips for dipping. This Mediterranean dip recipe is a great appetizer to make for easy Summer entertaining!
Mediterranean Layer Dip
We’ll be grilling Gyro Style Steak Sandwiches for Father’s Day, so I’ve been looking for other Greek-inspired dishes to complete the menu. For the appetizer, I decided to try a layer dip similar to the traditional Mexican Layer Dip only using Greek flavors.
We did a test run with this recipe last weekend (since we didn’t want our guests to be total guinea pigs) and it turned out great!
How to make White Bean Hummus
This white bean hummus (bean dip) is so easy and quick to make! Simply place a can of drained Cannellini beans, garlic, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and Italian flat-leaf parsley into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Give it a taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Five-Minute Mediterranean Pico
Combine fresh chopped and seeded tomatoes and English cumber in a bowl with more Italian flat-leaf parsley and chopped fresh mint leaves. Drizzle with a teaspoon of lemon juice and toss. This mixture should be refrigerated until you are ready to layer the Mediterranean dip.
Make your own baked pita chips
You could serve today’s dip with store bought chips or crackers, but homemade baked pita chips are really delicious and a bit heartier for this heavy dip.
- Use either pita bread rounds or personal-size naan bread and cut them into triangles with a pizza wheel.
- Place the triangles on a baking sheet and brush with extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle the tops with dried oregano.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes at 400 degrees, or until toasted and golden brown.
- Serve immediately or cool completely and store in a Ziplock bag up to a week.
For this recipe you may need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
More dip recipes!
- Cheesy Shrimp Dip
- Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip with Bacon
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Tapenade
- Sausage, Bean, and Spinach Dip
- Blue Cheese Bacon Dip
- Crack Dip
- More appetizer recipes!
Mediterranean Layer Dip Recipe
There were a few leftovers when I made Mediterranean Layer Dip, so I covered it with plastic wrap and refrigerated. The next day, I drizzled a little olive oil over the top and we finished it off. It’s definitely best eaten fresh, but was still pretty tasty the next day, too.
This recipe was originally posted on June 14, 2014 and was updated on June 11, 2019.
White Bean Dip
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley, loosely packed
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 6 pita rounds or Naan bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each pita or naan in half and then into 8 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Brush olive oil over the pitas. Toss and spread out the wedges evenly. Sprinkle with the oregano and bake for 8 to 12 minutes, until toasted and golden in color.
- Serve the pita toasts warm or at room temperature alongside the layered dip.
White Bean Dip
- Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and parsley in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Lightly season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Mediterranean Pico de Gallo
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Chill until ready to use.
Assemble the Dip
- Spread the white bean mixture in bottom of flat bowl or pie plate.
- Top with Mediterranean Pico. Use a slotted spoon to drain as you add this layer.
- Sprinkle top with Feta Cheese, sliced Kalamata olives, and capers.
- Serve immediately with baked pita chips.
White Bean Dip recipe by Giada De Laurentiis
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 611mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g