You can feel good about snacking on today’s healthy appetizer, Air Fryer Asparagus Fries with Lemon Aioli. Fresh asparagus spears coated with a mixture of Panko and Italian-seasoned bread crumbs, are air fried with a very light spritz of cooking spray. The result is a batch of deliciously crispy vegetable fries that are sure to be eaten up quickly! A homemade lemon and garlic aioli dipping sauce is the perfect accompaniment for this light appetizer. For a casual party, bread the asparagus fries ahead of time to cook and eat them fresh and hot from the air fryer with your guests.
Air Fryer Asparagus Fries with Lemon Aioli
I’m brand new to the air fryer scene. In fact, today’s Asparagus Fries with Lemon Aioli recipe is the very first air fryer recipe to appear on Life, Love, and Good Food. I guess I’m a little slow to join some of the cooking fads out there, but now I’m kicking myself that I didn’t try air frying sooner!
We love fried foods, but try not to indulge in them too often as we are somewhat health-conscious — at least some of the time! My all-time favorite summer vegetable is fried okra, but in recent years I’ve been preparing okra in the oven to save on some of the fat and cholesterol. After the success with these asparagus fries, I’m excited to try okra in the air fryer, too. Oh, the air fryer possibilities! Be sure there will be more air fryer recipes to follow!
How to make asparagus fries in the air fryer
- Rinse and dry asparagus spears, cutting off the tough ends.
- You’ll need three shallow dishes — one with flour, one with beaten eggs, and one with a combination of Panko and Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- Next, roll the asparagus in the flour, dip in the beaten egg, and then dredge in the bread crumbs. Lay on a baking sheet until you have enough to air fry the first batch.
- Very lightly spray the breaded asparagus with cooking spray.
- Place a single layer of prepared asparagus in the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 400 degrees. Cook for 7 minutes. Remove carefully with tongs and serve with the Lemon Aioli.
How to make Lemon Aioli — the easiest dipping sauce ever!
Aioli is a fancy name for a very simple dipping sauce that’s so quick and easy to whisk together — literally! To make lemon aioli from scratch, simply add the mayonnaise, freshly grated lemon zest and lemon juice with minced garlic (fresh or jarred) to a small bowl. Whisk together until combined or all ingredients are emulsified into the mayo for a smooth sauce. Season with kosher salt and refrigerate until ready to use.
More delicious serving suggestions for lemon aioli…
To make this recipe you will need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
- An Air Fyrer — I was very excited to try out my Chefman 6.8 Quart Air Fryer for the first time. This is one kitchen tool that I believe I’ll truthfully enjoy using over and over again! What I especially like about this Chefman model is the extra-large basket for frying larger batches and the easy clean-up. Now that I’ve got this first recipe under my belt, I’m ready to experiment air frying all types of food. Stay tuned for more air fryer recipes on the blog in the near future!
- Microplane Zester — Without a doubt, one of my favorite kitchen gadgets!
More appetizer “fries” recipes!
Did you make this Air Fryer Asparagus Fries with Lemon Aioli recipe?
If you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating!
Air Fryer Asparagus Fries with Lemon Aioli
- 2/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- cooking spray
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise with freshly grated lemon zest, lemon juice, and minced garlic (fresh or jarred). Season with salt and refrigerate until ready to use.
Air Fryer Asparagus Fries
- Rinse and dry asparagus spears, cutting off the tough ends. Set up the breading station in 3 shallow dishes — one with 1/2 cup flour, one with the beaten egg, and one with a combination of Panko and Italian-seasoned bread crumbs.
- Roll each asparagus spear in the flour, then dip in the beaten egg, and then dredge in the bread crumbs gently shaking off the excess. Lay on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Very lightly spray the breaded asparagus with cooking spray. Place a single layer of prepared asparagus in the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 400 degrees. Cook for 7 minutes. Remove carefully with tongs and continue cooking in batches.