Looking for a little inspiration for your next holiday party menu? Cheesy Shrimp Dip makes a delicious hot appetizer that your guests will literally devour in seconds! Combine three different types of cheese — cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese — with a sautéed shrimp scampi and bake until hot and bubbly. Serve this deliciously creamy hot shrimp dip with pita chips, assorted crackers, or even a sliced and toasted baguette. This easy shrimp dip recipe is made with a half pound of fresh shrimp, but you can add more if you would like your dip to be chunkier. This dip is so easy and so cheesy and so delicious!
Shrimp Dip with Cream Cheese
You may have read in my last newsletter that I recently had eye surgery to repair a macular hole. These last six weeks I’ve been recovering and just the last week or so have started to feel normal. Prior to my surgery, I hadn’t really done anything to get ready for the holidays, so I’m feeling particularly behind this year! On top of that, I’m headed to St. Louis the week after Thanksgiving to stay with my daughter and help with our new grand baby that’s due to arrive soon—you just don’t know how excited we are to meet our grand baby!!
With all that, I love EASY and SIMPLE holiday recipes like this one for Cheesy Shrimp Dip. This is one of the recipes that I’ll plan to prepare while I’m in St. Louis celebrating Christmas away from home. We may be a little distracted with the new baby, so easy is good for this year!
How to make shrimp dip with cream cheese:
- Start with a half pound (or more) of fresh shrimp that has been peeled and deveined and give it a rough chop.
- Make the scampi. Sauté the shrimp in butter with garlic, fresh lemon juice, and green onions until the shrimp are pink.
- Add the cream cheese to the pan and stir until melted. Next, add the remaining cheeses and two tablespoons each of mayo and sour cream.
- Once all the cheese is melted, pour into a lightly greased baking dish and sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese and smoked paprika. Bake in a 350-degree oven until hot and bubbly.
- Before serving, garnish with a few more sliced green onions or parsley if you like.
- Serve with crackers, toasted baguettes, or pita chips.
Cheesy Shrimp Dip
One thing I love about this hot appetizer is that it can be mixed up ahead of time. Just do all the stove top steps in the recipe, then cover and refrigerate. Thirty minutes before your party guests arrive, pop the dip into a preheated oven and bake until hot and bubbly. Now, tell me, how can you go wrong with a warm cheesy dip?!
More cheese dip recipes!
- Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip with Bacon — Sweet and salty with a little bit of heat, this Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip with Bacon is irresistible at holiday parties.
- Baked Jalapeño Pimento Cheese — Adjust the heat to your tastes by adding more roasted jalapeño peppers to this lightened up Baked Jalapeño Pimento Cheese.
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip — This hot dip requires just five basic ingredients!
- Sausage, Bean, and Spinach Dip — Serve with corn chips because this hearty dip demands a hearty chip!
- Warm and Cheesy Crack Dip — Be careful, this dip is addictive!
- More appetizer recipes!
Did you make this Cheesy Shrimp Dip recipe?
If you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound medium fresh shrimp,, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic,, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 green onions,, sliced
- 1 8-oz. pkg. low-fat cream cheese,, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cracked black pepper
- Smoked paprika,, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coarsely chop shrimp. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic, and green onions and cook just until the shrimp are pink, 2-3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Add sour cream, mayo, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, then spoon mixture into a 1-quart baking dish and sprinkle top with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly, Serve with pita chips or crackers.
Serving Size:8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 85mg Sodium: 276mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 12g