I am proud to be partnering with Hamilton Beach to bring you this tasty recipe and to give one of my readers a FREE FlexBrew Coffee Maker! As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Cinnamon Spice Sugar Sprinkle Sammies are my adult version of the childhood favorite, sprinkle sugar cookies.
Not quite a sugar cookie, and not quite a whoopie pie, these cinnamon cookies are rolled in orange sugar sprinkles (for Halloween!) and are sandwiched together with a creamy pumpkin-flavored buttercream filling.
Whoopie pies can be cakey, but these Sammies have a nice cookie crunch. Save these Cinnamon Spice Sugar Sprinkle Sammies for yourself and enjoy a sweet coffee moment anytime with the Hamilton Beach® FlexBrew Coffee Maker.
With dual brewing benefits, there’s no need to brew a full pot—you can brew a single cup anytime!
Once we got a programmable coffee maker, the early morning elbow nudging slowed down tremendously. Now, instead of urging each other to get up and make the coffee, we stumble into the kitchen sleepy-eyed to a freshly brewed pot of coffee in the FlexBrew!
That’s the perfect wake-me-up!
We enjoy our morning coffee—it’s a necessity for me to get the day going—but there are some afternoons when I just need another coffee moment, but don’t need to brew a full pot.
That’s what I love about the FlexBrew. You can brew into a cup or travel mug, using either a single-serve pack or ground coffee.
Tips for baking cinnamon sugar cookies (you’ll enjoy these with your coffee moments!)
- Use softened butter. Set the butter on the kitchen counter for about an hour and allow to soften to room temperature. That makes it easier to cream with the sugar. Creaming butter allows small air pockets to form in the dough and results in more even baking.
- Don’t be tempted to jump start the softening in the microwave as it becomes too watery for creaming with the sugar.
- Freeze the dough for a few minutes before baking as this will help the cookies keep an even shape.
- Use a piping bag to spread the filling on the flat side of the cookies is the quickest and easiest way to assemble the cookies.
I’m giving away a FREE FlexBrew Coffee Maker!
I’ve enjoyed my Hamilton Beach® FlexBrew Coffee Maker so much, that I’m thrilled to be able to offer one of my readers a FREE FlexBrew of their own. Enter the contest using the entry form below!
Terms and Conditions: Open only to the continental U.S. The lucky winner will be drawn at random from eligible entries within 72 hours of giveaway ending. Winner will be contacted via email and must respond within 5 business days to claim their prize. Social media accounts used to enter must be active, not created to enter this giveaway.
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamon
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (1 cup)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-12 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3.25 oz. bottle sugar sprinkles
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl between additions.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until well combined. Roll dough into 48 balls and roll in sugar sprinkles. Freeze dough balls for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place cookie dough balls on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes,. Centers should still be slightly soft and edges lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
Filling & Assembly
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and pumpkin butter and mix until soft and creamy, about 2 minutes. Pipe or spoon filling on to the flat side of half the cookies and top with the remaining cookies. Store in refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Recipe adapted from Feast Magazine
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 2g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram