I’m so, soooo excited about today’s post and all the L-O-V-E that I’m privileged to share today with some very special people – including you! I’ve partnered with an awesome group of food bloggers for the #FoodBloggerLove project in order to bring some recognition to No Kid Hungry, to share a little love with another awesome food blogger, and to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a Kindle Fire! Whew! That’a a lot of LOVE right there, I tell ya! And of course, I am sharing a sweet recipe that’s perfect for sharing with your loves, Lemon Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies. These little buttery, lemony shortbread gems with sweet raspberry jam in the “thumbprint” are topped with an almond glaze drizzle…so pretty and so yummy!
My cookies are a little rough around the edges because I was lazy and scooped the dough right onto my cookie sheets instead of rolling it into little balls. Either way, simply make an indention into the dough before baking, then after baking fill each cookie with raspberry jam and drizzle with the almond glaze. Beware, these cookies are delicious and addictive!
- Sharing a little LOVE with America’s hungry kids. Did you know that this year, nearly one in five kids (that’s more than 16 million) in America will face hunger? Thankfully, organizations like Share our Strength are working to connect hungry kids with programs that can help them get the food they need to thrive. I’ve partnered with a group of food bloggers to bring awareness to the need and to offer food blog readers the chance to make a difference. Donate today to No Kid Hungry and help end childhood hunger in America. Every little bit helps!
- Sharing a little LOVE with a fellow food blogger. I remember a long time ago that our church ladies group had Secret Pals. They drew a name out of a basket and all year long would secretly deliver little gifts with encouraging notes tucked inside to their Secret Pal. Usually at the ladies’ Christmas party, they would do the big reveal. Part of our #FoodBloggerLove project is to share a little love with another food blogger by telling our readers how awesome she is and to encourage YOU to show that blogger a little love by visiting their blog and following them on social media. Today I’m revealing my “secret” food blogger, Dena from Oh! You Cook! Dena is Jewish and shares all kinds of kosher recipes that are easy to make, even on a weeknight. Not only is she a great blogger, she’s the author of The Everything Kosher Slowcooker Cookbook, available at Amazon. Please check out Dena’s blog, follow her on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Sharing a little LOVE with my readers. Share ANY foodblogger recipe with the hashtag #FoodBloggerLove (see the list below) on ANY social network for a chance to win a KINDLE FIRE! Contest is open from now until 3 PM EST on February 15. You can get extra entries if you follow the other #FoodBloggerLove bloggers, too! a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat the butter, sugar, lemon rind, vanilla, and salt together until very light. Add in the egg and mix well.
- Stir in the flour until well blended.
- Using a cookie scoop, place cookies onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart. If you wish, roll the cookie dough in your palms until smooth, then use your fingertip (for smaller cookies) or thumb (for larger cookies) to put an indentation into the center of each.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before moving from baking sheet to cookie rack. Cool completely.
- Fill each cookie indentation with raspberry jam, using about 1/4 teaspoon for smaller cookies or 1/2 teaspoon for larger cookies.
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients. Adjust amount of milk or cream depending on desired consistency.
Cookie recipe by King Arthur Flour
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 35mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g