Frozen Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake – no baking required with this smooth and creamy seasonal pie.
It’s not a proper Thanksgiving dinner if there’s no Pumpkin Pie on the dessert table, but not everyone is a fan. I personally love Pumpkin Pie served with whipped cream, but didn’t acquire a taste for it until I was in my early twenties. Now, I love all things pumpkin, so when I found this recipe on Chelsea’s Messy Apron for Frozen Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake, I couldn’t resist giving it a try.
The crust has a hint of cinnamon and the cheesecake filling is extra creamy and delicious! I served my pie drizzled with Hershey’s Caramel Sauce (ice cream topping) and a little whipped cream and it was such a hit with my friends last weekend, I’m thinking this pie will make a repeat appearance on our Thanksgiving menu!
The recipe makes one regular size frozen cheesecake, but I made it instead in two smaller springform pans. Depending on the size of your slices, this pie easily serves 10-12 people. Enjoy!
- 2 sleeves graham crackers, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened (not melted)
- 1 cup pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 8 ounces package cream cheese
- 1 8 ounces cool whip
- 1 15 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Hershey's Caramel sauce
- Whipped cream
- Finely crush graham crackers In a blender or food processor. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the softened butter and stir with a fork just until combined.
- Pour the crumbs into a springform pan and press into the bottom of the pan and up the sides. (II used two smaller springform pans - if you use a regular size, the crumbs will not go all the way to the top.)
- Put the crust in the freezer for 10-15 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the sweetened condensed milk and beat until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Fold in the cool whip - do not over mix.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight or for 6-8 hours.
- Let soften for about 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with caramel sauce and whipped cream, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Chelsey's Messy Apron
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gSugar: 47gProtein: 7g