Serve Greek Chicken Kabobs with pita bread and cucumber sauce for a quick, easy, healthy, and delicious meal.
Greek Chicken Kabobs with Cucumber Sauce is on my Top 10 weeknight grilling recipe list. (Maybe I don’t actually have a list yet, but sounds like a good idea for a future blog post!). I discovered this recipe a while back on the My Baking Addiction blog (Jamie is one of my favorite bloggers) and since then it has made a regular appearance on our dinner menu. I love Greek flavors and I love making kabobs because they make a simple meal seem fancy, don’t you agree? That makes this recipe a win-win for me!
The marinade is a combination of herbs and spices mixed with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and a little dijon mustard. I toss the chicken and veggies in a ziplock bag and pour in the marinade before leaving for work which means dinner prep only takes minutes when I get home. While the grill (or grill pan) is heating up, I skewer the chicken and veggies and then everything is ready to cook. There’s no need to oil the grates because of the olive oil in the marinade.
These skewers only need to cook about 10 minutes. I usually serve the skewers with pita bread or naan with fresh cucumber sauce for dipping and don’t bother with any other sides. This is really a quick, easy, healthy, and delicious meal. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leave or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
- 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix together all the marinade ingredients.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, place the marinade, red and green bell peppers, onion wedges and chicken. Seal, and mix to coat. Refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Discard marinade, and thread the meat and vegetables onto skewers, leaving a small space between each item.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 10 minutes, turning as needed, or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Grate cucumber and squeeze lightly in a paper towel to remove some of the moisture.
- Mix all ingredients together and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe by My Baking Addiction.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 333mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 38g