Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Tapenade, or roasted red pepper dip, makes a tasty 10-minute appetizer bursting with Mediterranean flavor.
Simply combine jarred roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts with capers, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and other seasonings until the mixture is the consistency of an olive tapenade.
Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Tapenade is immediately ready to serve with toasted baguette slices, warm pita bread, pita chips, crackers, or veggie sticks and makes a delicious—and super easy—appetizer.
This easy roasted red pepper dip also makes a yummy sandwich spread as well as a lovely accompaniment to grilled chicken, fish, or even angel hair pasta.
Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Tapenade
It’s time for another true confession from the food blogger. Until today, I had no idea what the food term “tapenade” meant. When I discovered Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Tapenade in my Fresh Market cookbook, I felt a little guilty sharing the recipe without being a bit more educated. So here goes…
What does tapenade mean?
Typically, tapenade is aith that has been pureed together I know I do!
Roasted red pepper dip (a.k.a. tapenade) ingredients
Today’s roasted red pepper dip recipe doesn’t have either olives or anchovies (personally, I’m not a fan), but instead incorporates some of my favorite Italian flavors. Roasted red bell peppers, artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, and capers give this dip a salty olive-like tapenade flavor.
- Roasted red bell peppers — use the jarred kind found on the grocery shelf or roast your own (get instructions here)
- Artichoke hearts — packed in either oil or water and drained and coarsely chopped
- Italian flat leaf parsley — stems removed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese — freshly grated or shaved
- Garlic cloves — minced
- Capers — drained
- Fresh lemon juice
- Into the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the drained roasted red bell peppers and artichoke hearts.
- Toss in the fresh parsley, Parmesan cheese, capers, garlic, lemon juice, and a little olive oil. Then, pulse gently until all the ingredients are finely chopped, but not completely pureed.
- Stir and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with toasted baguette slices or vegetable sticks.
How to toast a baguette
- To make toasted baguette slices, first preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a serrated bread knife to cut the baguette loaf into 1/4-inch slices. Lay the slices on a rimmed baking sheet. If desired, rub the slices with a halved garlic, then lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the slices are lightly toasted and golden.
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip — This delicious appetizer dip requires just five basic ingredients.
- Cheesy Green Swirls — A tasty appetizer that starts with a frozen puff pastry and is layered with Feta, olives, spinach, and more Greek-inspired ingredients.
- Mediterranean Layer Dip — Bursting with all the best Greek flavors with a fresh Mediterranean Pico plus white bean hummus.
- Basil Pesto Spread — Serve pesto as an appetizer on toasted crostini or as the main meal tossed with angel hair pasta.
- Easy Ricotta Roasted Red Pepper Crostini — These crostini are made with only 5 ingredients so you can spend more time enjoying the party and less time in the kitchen!
What else is new? Check out my Life, Love, and Good Food Store on Amazon! Thanks so much for being a part of our community!
This is truly just a simple appetizer recipe with a fancy name and a delicious flavor! Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade can be served immediately or refrigerated and served the next day, once the flavors have had a chance to marinate a bit.
Store leftovers tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, stems removed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 16-ounce baguette loaf, for serving
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients, until well blended and finely chopped - DO NOT puree. Add salt and pepper, and season to taste.
- For best flavor, make a day ahead of time and refrigerate. To serve, allow to come to room temperature. Serve with crackers or baked baguette slices.
Original recipe from The Fresh Market Cookbook
- Store leftovers tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Note: Nutrition values do not include crackers or baguette.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g