Here’s a fun appetizer for your next party that gets everyone involved, build-your-own Italian Nachos! Prepare the pasta chips (deep fried won-ton wrappers) ahead of time, then set up a bar of Italian-inspired toppings like Italian sausage, grilled chicken, black olives, sundried tomatoes, fresh basil and tomatoes, to layer over a bed of chips and Alfredo sauce. Pop the nacho creations into the oven to melt the cheese and serve, then watch them disappear. Very easy and very delicious!
- 1 package won-ton wrappers
- canola oil, for frying
- 15 oz. jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 lb. Italian sausage, cooked and drained on paper towels
- 1 Chicken breast, grilled and shredded
- Tomatoes, diced
- Black olives, sliced
- Banana pepper rings
- Green onions, chopped
- Fresh basil
- Mozzarella & Parmesan cheese
- Heat canola oil to 400 degrees in a deep fryer or large skillet.
- Cut won-ton wrappers in half diagonally. Fry in hot oil about 30-40 seconds, 3-4 at a time, until crispy and lightly golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven on broil.
- Heat Alfredo sauce until warm.
- Place pasta chips on an oven safe dish or foil-lined cookie sheet. Pour Alfredo sauce evenly over chips. Top with desired ingredients (chicken or sausage, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.) then sprinkle a layer of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over top.
- Place under broiler just long enough to melt the cheese, being careful not to burn the chips.
- Remove and garnish with fresh basil. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 501Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 1027mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g