I’m in love with this new Raspberry Ricotta Cake recipe! Moist and delicious, this cake is perfect as a light dinner dessert or as a fresh, fruity coffee cake on your next brunch menu. As long as you call it coffee cake, it’s okay to eat dessert for breakfast, right?
A simple lemon glaze compliments the raspberries in this cake, but I think it would be really tasty with blueberries or blackberries, as well.
And the best part is that this pretty made-from-sratch cake can be whipped together and ready to bake in just 15 minutes or less. Enjoy!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray. Cut a 9-inch circle of parchment paper and place in the cake pan; lightly coat the parchment with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, ricotta, and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold this mixture into the dry ingredients just until blended.
- Melt butter and gently stir into batter until combined. Fold in 3/4 cup frozen raspberries, try not to crush berries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan then sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup raspberries. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack in pan for 20 minutes. Gently run a knife along edge and unmold cake. Flip right side up and cool complete on a wire rack before glazing.
- Place powdered sugar in a small bowl and stir in lemon juice, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistently. Stir until smooth and drizzle over cooled cake.
Original recipe by BON APPÉTIT magazine, MARCH 2015
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 397mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 10g