Perfect for a weekend breakfast, Crustless Spinach Quiche is bursting with Mediterranean flavors and two kinds of cheese!
For years, I had a real aversion to eating eggs. Scrambled, fried, boiled—there was just something about the texture that I couldn’t handle. That is, until I got brave enough to try quiche for the first time. One bite of creamy, cheesy, eggs in pie form won me over and I’ve been a quiche fan ever since. One nice thing about this Crustless Spinach Quiche is saving a few carbs by leaving off the pie dough. This dish is so tasty, though, I don’t think you’ll miss the crust!
Sauté fresh spinach with garlic and onions to meld the flavors before adding to a mixture of beaten eggs, sour cream, and a little milk. To this add Feta cheese—or substitute your favorite cheese—and then pour into a pie plate. I like topping it off with shaved Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of smoked paprika before baking to get a nice golden color.
Here are a few other delicious quiche recipes you might like to try:
- Classic Quiche Lorraine, a savory egg custard baked in a pie crust with crisp-fried bacon, scallions, and Swiss cheese.
- California Quiche. A veggie lover’s egg dish with fresh zucchini, red bell peppers, onion, and artichoke hearts.
- Bacon Cheddar Grits Quiche – creamy cheese grits crust (plus another layer of cheese) topped with a melt-in-your mouth bacon-egg “mousse”.
- Rustic Sausage & Grits Egg Skillet in cast iron makes for a deliciously fun country brunch with layers of cheesy grits, sausage, and eggs.
Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 10 oz. pkg. fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lite salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant. Add spinach to the pan and cook until wilted and moisture has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, and milk. Stir in feta cheese and the cooked spinach mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pie plate and sprinkle with the shaved Parmesan cheese and smoked paprika. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until set and golden. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.