I love everything about this Spring-time appetizer! Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips combines sweet, juicy strawberries, mango, and kiwi with a tart Granny Smith apple for just the right mix of sweetness and crunch. Served with homemade Cinnamon Tortilla Chips, Fruit Salsa is a delicious appetizer that’s also very pretty on any party buffet. And the best part? It’s super-easy to make!
For the homemade cinnamon tortilla chips, use a pizza wheel to cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Brush tops with a small amount of water, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, and bake for 8-10 minutes. It’s just that simple! Dice the fruit, toss with a little brown sugar and other goodies, and chill. Easy, right? And so delicious! Enjoy!
- 4 7- inch flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fruit jelly, mango, apple, or strawberry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut each flour tortilla into 8 wedges. Place wedges on baking sheets.
- Lightly brush each tortilla with water. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over tortillas. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Combine fruit and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Melt jelly and cool slightly, then pour over fruit. Toss gently to coat. Cover tightly and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with the cinnamon tortilla chips.
Recipe adapted from Pampered Chef.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 4gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
Sheila @ Life, Love & Good Food
Recipe Developer, Food Photographer, Food Writer
Sheila Thigpen is the publisher of Life, Love, and Good Food — a Southern food blog — and the author of Easy Chicken Cookbook and The 5-Ingredient Fresh and Easy Cookbook. After 20+ years in the publishing industry, she retired in 2018 to focus on her own creative endeavors full time. She and her husband live near the beautiful Smoky Mountains and have a precious little granddaughter who has stolen their hearts. As an influencer, Sheila has collaborated with brands like Creamette, Kroger, HERSHEY’S, Hamilton Beach, Garafalo Pasta, OXO, Smithfield, Valley Fig Growers, and more.