After rave reviews and a quick disappearing act at our family Thanksgiving dinner, these Maple-Pumpkin Pie Bars (recipe clipped from a Jello ad in Southern Living) have landed a spot on my “repeat recipe” list. The chewy crust, creamy pumpkin center, and layer of whipped cream make for a pretty and yummy dessert, plus it’s easy to make. That’s a win-win for me!
Tips: I didn’t find Pumpkin Spice flavor instant pudding at our grocery, so instead I used Cheesecake flavor pudding and added a teaspoon of pumpkin spice. It was still delicious! I think you could also substitute Cool Whip in place of the Dream Whip and milk; just add in maple syrup before topping the dessert.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pkg., 8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can, 15 oz. pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pkg., 3.4 oz. JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 envelope DREAM WHIP Whipped Topping Mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom of 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Mix cake mix, 1 egg and butter until blended; press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, dry pudding mix and remaining eggs with mixer until blended; pour over crust.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set; cool 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat whipped topping mix, milk and syrup in large bowl with mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed 4 min. or until mixture forms stiff peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread whipped topping mixture onto dessert; sprinkle with cinnamon.
Recipe from Jello.com
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:24 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g