This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
After rave reviews and a quick disappearing act at our family Thanksgiving dinner, these Maple-Pumpkin Pie Bars (recipe clipped from a Jello ad in Southern Living) have landed a spot on my “repeat recipe” list. The chewy crust, creamy pumpkin center, and layer of whipped cream make for a pretty and yummy dessert, plus it’s easy to make. That’s a win-win for me!
Tips: I didn’t find Pumpkin Spice flavor instant pudding at our grocery, so instead I used Cheesecake flavor pudding and added a teaspoon of pumpkin spice. It was still delicious! I think you could also substitute Cool Whip in place of the Dream Whip and milk; just add in maple syrup before topping the dessert.
Maple-Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 1 15.25 oz. box yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 8 oz. pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3.4 oz. pkg. JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 envelope DREAM WHIP Whipped Topping Mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom of 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Mix cake mix, 1 egg and butter until blended; press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, dry pudding mix and remaining eggs with mixer until blended; pour over crust.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set; cool 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat whipped topping mix, milk and syrup in large bowl with mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed 4 min. or until mixture forms stiff peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread whipped topping mixture onto dessert; sprinkle with cinnamon.
Life Love and Good Food does not claim to be a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information shared on this site is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.