These decadent bars have a dense fudgy-cake-brownie layer that is topped with a creamy mint filling plus a layer of chocolate ganache. Oh. My. Goodness!
A word of warning: some serious chocolatey goodness and test of will-power is ahead for anyone who dares to bake Merridee’s Mint Fudge Brownies.
Once you taste these, you’ll want to sample other Merridee’s goodies, but for that you’ll need to take a road trip. Merridee’s Breadbasket is a bakery turned favorite gathering place in the historic district of Franklin, Tennessee. Located in an old hardware store warehouse, this bakery has a reputation for delicious breads and desserts and is a great meeting place for breakfast, lunch, or just coffee and conversation. The bakery turned quick service restaurant is now open evenings on the weekends and features Saturday night music from local Nashville songwriters and artists.
Back to these brownies…they are worth the effort and will feed – and impress – a large group. Enjoy!
P.S. I’m searching for a copy of Merridee’s Cookbook (no longer available on their online store). If you can help me with this quest, please comment on this post!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons Creme De Menthe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz. butter
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream sugar and butter together. Add eggs and beat well. Add remaining ingredients and pour into greased and floured 9" x 13" pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done. Cool and top with mint filling and then layer with ganache.
- Cream together all ingredients and spread over cooled brownies.
- Top with one batch chocolate ganache.
- Heat chocolate chips and butter in microwave on power 3 for 8-10 minutes or until melted evenly, stirring occasionally. Spread over top brownies and mint filling.
Recipe from Merridee's Breadbasket.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 3g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram
Sheila Thigpen, author of Easy Chicken Cookbook and The 5-Ingredient Fresh and Easy Cookbook, is a recipe developer, food photographer, and food writer. She spent 20+ years as a business manager in the publishing industry before she retired in 2018 to focus on her passions — cooking, photography, and writing. Living near the beautiful Smoky Mountains, Sheila and her husband have two adult daughters and two fine sons-in-law, are active in their church, love to travel, and have a precious little granddaughter who has stolen their hearts. Follow Sheila on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!