This pie’s creamy filling is flavored with pineapple, coconut, and chopped pecans for a little tropical flair. Easy and delicious!
We’re hosting Easter lunch this year and as I started planning the menu, I thought about all the traditional dishes from years past with our family — Mom’s broccoli casserole, my sister’s hash brown potatoes, and my Mamaw B’s Million Dollar Pie. I’m not quite sure where this recipe originated, but every time I think about it, I can’t help but remember Mamaw and her infectious smile. That’s what’s really special about family traditions and recipes, right? The sweet memories!
Mamaw introduced us to this easy Spring-time pie when I was a teenager, so it’s been around for just a few years. All you need are a few simple ingredients, a ready-made graham cracker crust, and a couple of hours for chilling in the fridge to make this tropical treat. And no, it doesn’t break the bank despite its name!
This pie’s creamy filling is flavored with pineapple, coconut, and chopped pecans for a little tropical flair. I decided to garnish my pie with coconut Easter “grass” and a few chopped pecans.
TIP: To tint coconut, add a quarter cup of shredded coconut to a zip lock bag with a drop or two of green food coloring and shake it all up. It can’t get any simpler than that! Happy Easter, friends!
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 22- oz. can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Additional coconut and pecans for garnish, if desired
- Cream together the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Fold in the Cool Whip until smooth.
- Add coconut, pineapple, and pecans and stir until just combined. Garnish with additional coconut and pecans, if desired. Refrigerate and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 256mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 4gSugar: 32gProtein: 6g