When the cherry blossoms burst in Spring, it’s time to start getting excited about all the delicious Cherry Desserts to be made with fresh cherries come Summer! From fruit pies and cobblers to quick breads and cookies, sweet or tart, cherries make the best sweet Summer treats.
This collection of easy cherry dessert recipes feature fresh, frozen, canned, or dried cherries so you can enjoy baking with cherries ALL year long. From biscotti to smoothies, or even jams and jellies, the possibilities are endless.
Did you know cherries are considered a super fruit and have many health benefits, even in desserts? That’s a good enough reason for me to bake cherry desserts!
Table of contents
Cherry dessert recipes
My whole family loves cherry cobbler served warm with a scoop of ice cream, and I love that it’s so easy to make! Try any of the cherry desserts in my collection and I’d venture to guess your family will love ‘em, too!
Cherry pies and cobblers
2. Not only is Fresh Cherry Cobbler soooo yummy good, it’s one of the EASIEST summer desserts you will ever make! With a buttery crust and a sweet filling of fresh Bing cherries, this yummy cobbler is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
3. Make this Cherry-Berry Cobbler in a cast iron skillet right on your grill! Serve it warm and bubbling with ice cream or a pat of butter melting on top.
4. Made with fresh peaches and sweet Bing cherries, Peach Cherry Cobbler with Sweet Biscuit Topping is the perfect homemade Summer dessert. Best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
5. Could anything be any YUMMIER at a summer cookout than a warm Cherry Pot Pie with a scoop of ice cream to top it off? I think not!
6. Bake fresh cherry filling on top of this easy 5-minute pie dough and you’ve got yourself a delicious Summer dessert that any novice baker can master with this recipe for Rustic Cherry Tart.
7. A pretty fluted pastry shell, delicate sour cherries, and a splash of orange liqueur combine to create this delicious Sour Cherry Tart.
8. Bite-Size Cherry Tarts with a homemade cookie crust and sweet cherry pie filling are simply irresistible!
9. This semi-homemade Fresh Cherry Cake with Fresh Mint starts with a white cake mix and a package of cherry gelatin. Adding sweet red cherries and mint leaves give the cake a flavor boost and freshness that really sets it apart.
10. Cherry Cake with Buttermilk Powdered Sugar Glaze made with fresh cherries and topped with a sweet glaze that makes it either a perfect dessert or brunch coffee cake.
11. Decadent and rich, but not too sweet, this fudgy Chocolate Cherry Loaf Cake is loaded with dark, sweet cherries and topped with a delicious mocha glaze.
Miscellaneous cherry desserts
12. Cherry Chocolate Chunk Bread is so deliciously decadent, no one will ever guess just how simple and easy it is to make! Dark chocolate and cherries just naturally work well together in this bread.
13. My Cherry Biscotti recipe is a vanilla biscotti cookie studded with dried cherries that has hints of both orange and almond flavors. Light, crispy, and delicious!
14. Fresh sweet red cherries, red bell pepper, and jalapeño peppers in Hot Cherry Pepper Jelly makes it deliciously sweet and spicy hot. Serve it on toast or scones, use it to make easy cream cheese appetizers, or even as a cheese board accompaniment.
15. Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake in a Jar is a gooey, chocolaty mini dessert baked in small jelly canning jars with just 4 simple ingredients!
More sweet treats
- EASY Cake Recipes. Plenty of tasty and easy cake recipes for beginners, like sheet cakes, cupcakes, coffee cakes, and more.
- Favorite Cookie Recipes. Find delicious drop or cut-out cookies, shortbread, brownies, bars, and biscotti.
- Chocolate Desserts. Cookies, brownies, and pies for the chocoholic in your life!
Sheila @ Life, Love & Good Food
Recipe Developer, Food Photographer, Home Cook, Wife, Mom, Nana
Sheila Thigpen is the publisher of Life, Love, and Good Food — a Southern food blog — and the author of Easy Chicken Cookbook and The 5-Ingredient Fresh and Easy Cookbook. After 20+ years in the publishing industry, she retired in 2018 to focus on her own creative endeavors full time. She and her husband live near the beautiful Smoky Mountains and have a precious little granddaughter who has stolen their hearts. As an influencer, Sheila has collaborated with brands like Kroger, HERSHEY’S, Hamilton Beach, Garafalo Pasta, OXO, Smithfield, Valley Fig Growers, and more.