This was totally unplanned, but today’s post, Sweet Potato Soufflé, is dedicated to Paris, the City of Light, and to all of its beautiful people. This past weekend, we watched in disbelief as the horrific terrorist attacks against so many innocent and unsuspecting people were unveiled in our living rooms. There are no words to explain the sadness we feel for Paris. Though it may be of little comfort in the midst of the news of this tragedy, please remember this:
L’amour l’emporte ~ Love wins.
A soufflé is a baked egg-based dish which originated in early eighteenth century France. Typically, a soufflé is made with egg yolks and beaten egg whites to make either a savory or sweet dish, depending on the choice of ingredients. This original recipe by A Spicy Perspective would be a great addition to any Thanksgiving table. I served our soufflés warm from the oven with a dollop of whipped cream and they were delicious! #PrayForParis
More sweet potato recipes!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 baked and peeled sweet potatoes
- 4 egg yolks
- 8 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- First, bake the sweet potatoes and cool completely. (400 degrees for 45 minutes or until soft.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter six 8 ounce ramekins and sprinkle the insides with sugar. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet.
- Combine milk, pumpkin pie spice, egg yolks, flour, salt and sweet potato flesh until completely smooth, either in a blender or with a mixer.
- Mix the egg whites, sugar and corn starch together on low until very frothy. (If re-using the blender, be sure to wash and dry the container thoroughly before adding the egg whites. If using a mixer, whip the egg whites until frothy--no need for stiff peaks.)
- Fold the frothy egg whites into the sweet potato mixture gently, then pour evenly into the prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the soufflés rise high above the ramekins. Remove from the oven and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately with whipped cream, if desired.
Original recipe by A Spicy Perspective
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 636mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 9g