Live life with a little SPICE and this White Chicken Chili Verde! This chili simmers all day in a broth of tangy salsa verde, jalapeños, green chilies, and cumin.
Here’s a delicious and bright slow cooker soup that is perfect for this weekend’s March Madness party, White Chicken Chili Verde.
Put all the ingredients into your slow cooker and forget about it while you keep track of the hoops. Simmer for 4 to 8 hours (depending on your cooking temperature) and you’ve got a warm, filling dinner. How’s your bracket looking, by the way?!
Every year our team at work has a friendly competition during March Madness. Some of the guys spend hours analyzing the stats and making their bracket selections.
On the other hand, I make my selections in about a total of ten minutes because I have no clue about most of the teams. Surprisingly, my method has worked out pretty well for me in the past—haha!
Normally, I think about chili for football parties, but why not serve it for watching the NCAA tourney, too? Of course, watching the tournament would be a lot more fun if our team was in the Sweet Sixteen. Maybe next year!
As for this bowl of White Chicken Chili Verde, it really couldn’t be easier to prepare. The only real prep is chopping the onion and jalapeños—no need to cut the chicken before cooking because it gets shredded after the cooking is done.
The rest of the ingredients are open and pour into the pot. Easy and delicious! My favorite kind of recipe!
Here are a few more of my favorite chili recipes you might enjoy:
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Italian Chili
- Easy Homemade Red Chili
- Favorite White Chicken Chili
- OR Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
And here’s a bonus—my favorite nacho recipe for game watching!
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 small onion,, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeños,, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cans green chilis, (4.5 ounce)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 2 cans white beans,, drained and rinsed (15 ounces)
- 1 (32 ounce container) of chicken stock or broth
- 1 lime,, juiced
- cheddar or Monterey jack cheese, (for garnish)
- Lightly coat the bottom of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chopped onion, jalapeno peppers, and minced garlic in bottom of slow cooker, then top with the chicken breast (trimmed of any fat). Sprinkle chicken evenly with the spices.
- Next, add the green chills and salsa verde, plus the drained and rinsed white beans and chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Before serving, remove the chicken and shred using two forks. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and squeeze the fresh lime juice over all. Stir; then simmer an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar or Monterey cheese, if desired.
Original Recipe from Maebells.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 616mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 46g