What is it about a bowl of steamy, hot soup that can literally just warm your soul on a cold, breezy day? We’ve been experiencing some unusually frigid temperatures the past couple of weeks here in the South and a big bowl of my 30-Minute Beefy Vegetable Soup has been just the thing to help warm us up on the inside! This easy beef vegetable soup recipe takes a few short cuts by using convenience items that you probably already have in your pantry and freezer. Chock full of ground beef and vegetables, this hearty beef vegetable soup can be on your table in just 30 minutes!
Have you ever done a pantry challenge? Every once in a while, I’ll take stock of what’s in my pantry and use what’s on hand to come up with something new for dinner. There’s nothing more frustrating than starting to cook a specific recipe and find that you’re missing an important ingredient! Sometimes, though, I just want to use up items that have been in the pantry for a while (to keep them from going to waste!).
Today’s soup was actually born from one of my self-imposed pantry challenges. I raided my canned goods and put them together with ground beef from my freezer and came up with this tasty 30-minute ground beef vegetable soup!
Making Beefy Vegetable Soup is easy!
Soup normally starts by making chicken or beef stock as the base. Beefy Vegetable Soup, however, starts with a can of low-sodium beef broth and tomato sauce which cuts down the cooking time considerably!
Brown the ground beef along with diced onion in a large skillet and to that add all the remaining vegetables and seasonings. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until ready to serve. Super easy!
Today’s soup recipe is very versatile and can be adapted easily. For example, my recipe includes a can of pinto beans, but black beans or Cannellini beans would work just as well. Also, I used a package of frozen mixed vegetables with carrots, peas, corn, and green beans, but any combination of frozen vegetables could work. If you’re not pressed for time, let the pot of soup simmer on the stove longer to enhance the flavors.
More easy soup recipes!
- Easy-Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Skinny Taco Soup
- Easy Homemade Red Chili
- Easy Brunswick Stew
- Favorite White Chicken Chili
Did you make this 30-Minute Beefy Vegetable Soup recipe?
If you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating!
30-Minute Beefy Vegetable Soup
- 1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 lg. onion, diced
- 1 14 oz. can low-sodium beef broth
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 15.5 oz. can pinto beans, drained
- 1 10 oz. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons salt (or adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons worestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder optional
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with the diced onion until cooked through. Remove from heat and drain off grease; set aside.
- Cook frozen vegetables in microwave according to package directions.
- Add all ingredients to a large soup pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.