Buttery Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 3 ingredients. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. (Use your fingers to break up any large clumps of butter.)
- Stir together sweet potato and buttermilk, then add to the flour mixture. Stir, or mix with your fingers, until just moistened.
- Press dough together in the bowl to form a ball, then turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 to 4 times.
- Roll the dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut out biscuits and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.