Get ready for Fall football parties and tailgates with this EASY-Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup made with a deli rotisserie chicken. Start to finish, this soup is ready in about 30 minutes!
Labor Day signals the official kick-off for everything Fall—pumpkin spice, football, cozy sweaters, and comforting soups like this Easy-Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup.
I’m betting that you’re gonna love this easy chicken enchilada soup recipe almost as much as you’re gonna love the chance to win your very own Instant Pot® Duo!
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup can be made on the stovetop, in a slow cooker, or in an instant pot with just a few modifications. This flavorful soup only takes 20-30 minutes to prepare when using a pre-cooked deli rotisserie chicken.
IF you prefer to cook your own shredded chicken, here are the directions for cooking chicken thighs or breasts in an instant pot (in just 13 minutes!).
How to Freeze Chicken Enchilada Soup
Freezer meals are great to keep on hand for easy weeknight dinners or for sharing with new moms or neighbors. Make a double batch of your favorite soup and follow these instructions for safely freezing the extras.
- Cool cooked soup completely. Don’t rely on the refrigerator or freezer to cool the soup prior to freezing. Instead, place the soup pot in an ice water bath and stir to help release the heat until completely cooled.
- Put the cooled soup into freezer safe containers or gallon-size zip lock freezer bags making sure not to over fill OR under fill. Liquids in soups expand when freezing, so allow for about an inch of space. Leave too much space and ice crystals or freezer burn can occur.
- Defrost frozen soup in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat over medium low heat until hot and bubbly.
- Soup stores well for up to one month in the freezer.
Adapt my Easy-Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe for the Instant Pot
To make this soup in an instant pot using skinless, boneless chicken breasts, follow this method:
- Place onions, garlic, and enchilada sauce in the instant pot.
- Place chicken breasts on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour the drained corn and black beans on top of the chicken; do not stir.
- Lock lid and cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Release pressure naturally and let rest. After 10 minutes, use the quick release.
- Remove chicken from depressurized pot and shred with a fork.
- Return chicken to the pot and add the Monterey Jack cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and serve.
Enter to win the Instant Pot® Duo!
I’ve partnered with a group of awesome bloggers to sponsor this Instant Pot® Duo giveaway. Not one, not two, but THREE lucky people will win their very own 6-quart Instant Pot® Duo, a smart electric pressure cooker designed to be safe, convenient and dependable. How awesome is that?!
The Instant Pot speeds up cooking by 2~6 times and features 14 smart built-in programs so that you can now cook your favorite dishes with the press of a button!
This giveaway is open worldwide to individuals 18+ (21+ in some locations), except where prohibited. One winner per household. Winner will be drawn at random from eligible entries within 72 hours of the giveaway ending Winners will be contacted via email and must respond within 5 business days to claim their prize. Social media accounts used to enter must be active, not created to enter this giveaway. Please note: Winners from the continental U.S. will receive the prize as listed. Winners who do not live in the continental U.S. will receive an Amazon gift card in the current listed value of the Instant Pot and will be responsible for ordering and shipping. Please see full terms & conditions for more details.
The PinterTest Kitchen ♦ Cheese Curd In Paradise ♦ The Jolly Hostess ♦ Cindy’s Recipes and Writings ♦ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♦ Little House Big Alaska ♦ Life, Love, and Good Food ♦ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♦ An Affair from the Heart ♦ Blogghetti ♦ Sarah’s Bake Studio ♦ Shockingly Delicious ♦ Jonesin’ For Taste ♦ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♦ Moore or Less Cooking ♦ The Whole Gourmet ♦ Our Good Life ♦ The Redhead Baker ♦ Style Island ♦ The Spiffy Cookie ♦ Sarah Cooks the Books ♦ Frugal & Fit ♦ Family Around the Table ♦ Cook with Renu
Easy-Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded, about 3 cups
- 3 10-oz. cans red enchildada sauce, mild or spicy
- 1 15-oz. can petite diced tomatoes (fire roasted, if desired)
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tabespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shreddee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add diced onions and cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in red enchilada sauce and chicken. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes,
- Add drained beans and corn and salt/pepper and continue cooking until heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Serve with tortilla chips or tortilla strips and garnich with cilantro, if desired.