‘Tis the Season for delicious party appetizers! Sweet and salty with a little bit of heat, this Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip with Bacon is irresistible at holiday parties. Besides a jar of Hot Pepper Jelly, this cheesy dip includes cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, garlic, and bacon crumbles—a little bit of sweet, a little bit of heat, and a bit of savory saltiness from the bacon—YUM! Served warm with buttery Ritz-style crackers or pita chips, this hot appetizer is addictive. This cream cheese and jalapeño jelly dip is so tasty that I have a feeling I may just have to make it to share at every holiday party we attend this year!
I remember the first time I had spinach dip (like the kind on the back of the Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix package) was at a company Christmas party several years ago. At the time, I remember thinking how good it was and managed to station myself near the party buffet. Without realizing it, I almost single-handedly ate that entire bowl that evening!
Well, that’s seriously what could happen with this Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip with Bacon if you’re not careful! This past weekend, I made it to share with friends at our neighborhood Christmas Open House and it was indeed a huge hit! Do you remember when serving a block of cream cheese covered with pepper jelly was a thing?
Tips for making Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip with Bacon
For the best flavor and results, don’t be tempted to use pre-cooked bacon bits or crumbles. Fresh fried and crumbled bacon makes this dip extra flavorful. Even though it’s just the two of us, when we open a new package of bacon, we’ll go ahead and cook every slice then refrigerate any leftovers to use for on salads or to top baked potatoes. And now, we’ll be saving the bacon for this delicious dip during the holidays!
My Pampered Chef Garlic and Brie Baker was the perfect size for baking this recipe. However, if you are planning for a larger group, you can easily double the ingredients and bake the dip in a 7×11 baking dish instead.
HOT PEPPER JELLY CHEESE DIP WITH BACON
Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip with Bacon is irresistible at holiday parties. You’ll want to pick up more than one jar of the pepper jelly to have on hand for the holiday season.
You may also enjoy these other hot and cheesy dips:
- Cheesy Shrimp Dip — Combine three different types of cheese — cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese — with a sautéed shrimp scampi and bake until hot and bubbly.
- Baked Jalapeño Pimento Cheese — Adjust the heat to your tastes by adding more roasted jalapeño peppers to this lightened up Baked Jalapeño Pimento Cheese.
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip — This hot dip requires just five basic ingredients!
- Sausage, Bean, and Spinach Dip — Serve with corn chips because this hearty dip demands a hearty chip!
DID YOU MAKE THIS HOT PEPPER JELLY CHEESE DIP WITH BACON RECIPE?
If you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating!
- 1 10.5 oz jar Hot Pepper Jelly
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add cheddar cheese, garlic, and salt and mix well. Stir in 1/2 jar of hot pepper jelly. Pour into a lightly greased 1 quart baking dish. Bake 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Heat remaining jelly in microwave for 20-30 seconds to soften, slightly melt. spread over top of the dip and sprinkle top with bacon. Serve immediately with crackers or pita chips.
Recipe adapted from Jennifer's Kitchen.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 341mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 15g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g