An oldie, but goody, this Cool Veggie Pizza Appetizer recipe hits it out of the park when it comes to popularity. The crust is conveniently made from a refrigerated crescent dough that is baked and spread with a creamy Ranch cream cheese layer. Top that with a mix of fresh, raw veggies—broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, green onions, and tomatoes—and shredded cheddar cheese and you have yourself a very colorful and flavorful party appetizer! This finger food can easily be made a day ahead of time and tastes even tastes better after it chills in the fridge.
One of my church friends first introduced me to this veggie pizza appetizer. She brought it to one of our ladies’ small group meetings and after that it became one of my favorite finger foods to make for bridal or baby showers. My kids even started requesting that I make this cold party appetizer for their sleepovers.
Usually, I make this with a mix of chopped broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, green onions, and tomatoes, but I’ve even tossed in cauliflower before.
Just think about the types of raw vegetables you normally like to eat with a Ranch dip and feel free to use your favorites to make this recipe your own.
EASY TIPS FOR MAKING COOL VEGGIE PIZZA APPETIZER
- Use a fresh crescent dough. If you’re like me, you don’t always check the code dates when you’re grocery shopping. One thing I’ve learned is that refrigerated crescent dough can get a little gooey if it’s close to the expiration date on the package.
- Leave the dough in the refrigerator until you are ready to roll it out. Don’t set the dough on the counter for too long before using as it will make it harder to handle.
- Always use softened cream cheese in this recipe as it will be much easier to spread on the baked crust.
- And the BEST tip…use a food processor to chop the veggies. You don’t want to pulverize the vegetables, but pulsing them a few seconds at a time will result in nicely chopped veggies for this recipe.
You may also enjoy these other party food recipes:
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- Hot Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip with Bacon
- Cheesy Greek Swirls
- Blue Cheese Bacon Dip
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes
DID YOU MAKE THIS COOL VEGGIE PIZZA APPETIZER RECIPE?
If you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating!
And, if you’re into sharing photos of your cooking adventures, tag @lifeloveandgoodfood on Instagram and hashtag it #lifeloveandgoodfood. Happy cooking, friends!
Cool Veggie Pizza Appetizer
- 2 8-oz. pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1-oz. pkg. Ranch-style dressing mix
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out crescent rolls onto 2 large non-stick baking sheets. Stretch and flatten to form a single rectangular shape and pinch together seams. Bake 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool about 30 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and Ranch-style dressing mix and spread the mixture over the cooled crusts.
- Chop veggies or pulse in food processor (be careful not to over do if using the food processor). Sprinkle veggies over cream cheese layer and then top with the cheese. Chill in the refrigerator approximately 1 hour. Cut into bite-size squares to serve. Makes 48 squares.