This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This recipe hits it out of the park when it comes to popularity!
Crescent roll veggie pizza is a party staple for good reason! Enjoy a buttery, flaky crust topped with Ranch spread, veggies, and cheddar cheese.
This finger food appetizer is conveniently made with refrigerated dough that is baked and spread with a creamy Ranch cream cheese layer.
Add a mix of fresh seasonal veggies on top—like broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, green onions, and tomatoes —plus shredded cheddar cheese, and you have yourself a colorful and flavorful party snack!
My Cheesy Greek Swirls are just as easy to make, with frozen puff pastry instead of tubes of dough. Round out your serving table with some fresh fruit and this Blue Cheese Bacon Dip or a tray of Southern Deviled Eggs.
Key Ingredients & Substitutions For Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- Crescent dough — If you’re like me, you don’t always check the code dates when you’re grocery shopping. One thing I’ve learned from experience is the refrigerated dough can get a bit gooey if it’s close to the expiration date on the package. So use a fresh tube!
- Ranch-style dressing mix — Find packets of this with the bottled dressings. I like to keep a few on hand to mix into dips and spreads.
- Cream cheese — Always soften this first, as it will be much easier to spread on the crust. You can leave it on the counter for about 30 minutes or microwave a completely unwrapped block for 15 seconds.
- Veggies — Use a blend of your favorite seasonal vegetables that won’t get too soggy once sliced. Carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, and green onions are my go-to options. Tomatoes, olives, and mushrooms could be tasty too!
- Cheese — I love the flavor of cheddar for this recipe, but just about any variety would work for your cool veggie pizza. Skip the bagged shreds and grate a block by hand. The texture and flavor are both significantly better!
- Leave the dough in the refrigerator until you are ready to roll it out. If you leave it on the counter for too long, it will be more difficult to handle.
How to make cold vegetable pizza?
STEP 1 | Bake the crust
On two large baking sheets, roll out each tube of dough and stretch into rectangles. Pinch the seams together until smooth, then bake the crusts until golden brown.
STEP 2 | Mix the spread
Meanwhile, combine the softened cream cheese and Ranch dressing mix in a bowl. Divide in half and spread evenly onto the cooled crusts.
STEP 3 | Add the veggies
Divide the veggies and sprinkle them over the spread, then top with a layer of shredded cheese.
STEP 4 | Chill
Cut the veggie crescent roll pizza into squares and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. It’s fine to serve this immediately, but the flavors are better if it’s been chilled first.
- Use a food processor to chop the veggies. You don’t want to pulverize them, but pulsing them for a few seconds at a time will give you great results (and save you valuable time!)
- Press the veggies into the cream cheese layer. Lay a piece of plastic wrap on top of the prepared cold vegetable pizza and gently press down across the entire surface.
Frequently asked questions
Absolutely! It can easily be made up to a day in advance and, honestly, tastes even better after it chills in the fridge.
If you even manage to have any left, wrap the crescent roll veggie pizza tightly with plastic or transfer squares to an airtight container. They will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
I’ve seen similar recipes with spinach dip or other types of spreadable cheese that look quite tasty! You could also add some dried or fresh dill and sour cream to the Ranch spread for a more unique flavor.
Cool veggie pizza appetizer: behind the recipe
One of my church friends first introduced me to these tasty veggie squares made with crescent roll dough. She brought them to one of our ladies’ small group meetings, and it soon became one of my favorite finger foods to make for bridal and baby showers.
What I love about this cold veggie pizza is that it’s incredibly versatile. Just think about the types of raw vegetables you like to eat with Ranch dip and use those to make this recipe your own!
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- 2 8 oz. pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1 1 oz. pkg. Ranch-style dressing mix
- 2 carrot finely chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out crescent rolls onto 2 large non-stick baking sheets. Stretch and flatten to form a single rectangular shape and pinch together seams. Bake 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool about 30 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and Ranch-style dressing mix and spread the mixture over the cooled crusts.
- Chop veggies or pulse in food processor (be careful not to over do if using the food processor). Sprinkle veggies over cream cheese layer and then top with the cheese. Chill in the refrigerator approximately 1 hour. Cut into bite-size squares to serve. Makes 48 squares.
About Sheila Thigpen
Recipe Developer, Food Photographer, Food Writer
Sheila Thigpen is the publisher of Life, Love, and Good Food — a Southern food blog — and the author of Easy Chicken Cookbook and The 5-Ingredient Fresh and Easy Cookbook. After 20+ years in the publishing industry, she retired in 2018 to focus on her own creative endeavors full time. She and her husband live near the beautiful Smoky Mountains and have a precious little granddaughter who has stolen their hearts. As an influencer, Sheila has collaborated with brands like Creamette, Kroger, HERSHEY’S, Hamilton Beach, Garafalo Pasta, OXO, Smithfield, Valley Fig Growers, and more.