I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but there’s a lot of hype building this week around one of the biggest college rivalry match ups of the season, Tennessee vs. Florida. In anticipation of the big game, there’s an entire week of Gator Hator events hosted around Knoxville–all in good fun, of course–in an effort to raise $17,000 to benefit the Love Kitchen. Come Saturday, this Volunteer family will be watching the big game while we munch on football food, including this seriously good Blue Cheese Bacon Dip.
No kidding, this stuff is delicious! Anything with bacon has got to be good, right?! We’ve found that Honey Crisp apple slices are the perfect compliment to this blue cheese, bacon, and garlic-infused dip. Dip the apple slices in lemon juice and they will keep fresh for the entire game. What else is on your football party menu? Go, VOLS!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 7 bacon slices, fried crisp and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Grape clusters
- Apple slices
- Flatbread or assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat softened cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Add half-and-half, and again mix until smooth.
- Stir in bacon, garlic, blue cheese, and chives. Spoon mixture into a 1 quart baking dish and bake 15 minutes until warmed through. Top with nuts and serve with fruit and crackers.
Southern Living, December 2004
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 54mg Sodium: 397mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g