This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn is sweet, salty, minty, crunchy, and totally addictive! This yummy holiday treat can be made in just 15 minutes with just four ingredients. Vanilla candy coated popcorn is speckled red and green from bits of crushed candy canes and Oreo Mint Creme Chocolate Sandwich Cookies for a festive holiday snack.
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn recipe yields a large batch, so it’s perfect for gift-giving. Package in treat bags or decorative tins to share with teachers, neighbors, and friends. You’ll want to be sure to keep some to enjoy for yourself, too!
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
Peppermint. Chocolate. Popcorn. What more could you want?! Not only is this popcorn delicious, it’s sooooo FAST and EASY to make, especially if you use microwave popcorn.
If you’re a popcorn fanatic like me, I think you’ll love today’s recipe. My family also enjoys my homemade caramel corn. Although delicious, caramel corn requires more time to make, so when I’m looking for a fast popcorn snack for sharing, White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn is my top choice.
How to Make White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
Make this fun popcorn snack in THREE easy steps!
- First, pop the popcorn and remove any unpopped kernels. Place the popped corn in a large bowl or roasting pan so that you have plenty of room for mixing it up.
- Add crushed candy canes and crushed Oreo Mint Creme Chocolate Sandwich Cookies to the popcorn and stir gently to mix it up. I like to leave my Oreos in larger chunks so that some of the green mint filling shows through.
- Melt the vanilla candy coating according to the package directions and stir in peppermint extract. I usually opt for the microwave directions, because I feel that’s easier and quicker. Pour the melted candy over the popcorn and stir gently with a rubber spatula until the popcorn is coated.
More Sweet Treat Recipes!
Homemade gifts are both fun to give and fun to receive during the holidays. If you enjoy gifting sweet treats, here are a few delicious recipes for you:
- English Toffee — a buttery, chocolate confection laden with walnuts and broken into bite-size delectable pieces.
- Buckeye Brownie Bites — miniature brownies topped with peanut butter “buckeye” candy balls and drizzled with dark chocolate ganache.
- Homemade Peppermint Oreos — a simple chocolate cookie with a creamy peppermint filling.
- Instant Chai Tea Mix — Just add water to enjoy a steamy mug of Chai Tea with cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and cardamon.
To make this recipe, you may need…
Use a deep roasting pan to avoid spilling out the popcorn when you’re mixing in the melted candy coating. I used my Viking roasting pan without the meat rack and it was the perfect size to hold the big batch of popcorn.
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn Recipe
You don’t want anyone breaking a tooth on unpopped kernels, so be sure to remove them before mixing the popcorn with the candy coating as they could get hidden. Also, add as many Oreos as you like to make this treat extra chocolatey.
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
- 2 3-oz. bags microwave popcorn lightly salted (no movie butter)
- 5-6 large candy canes crushed
- 3 cups crushed Oreo mint cookies 1/2 package
- 1 16-oz. pkg. vanilla candy coating or almond bark
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pop the microwave popcorn according to the package directions and discard any unpopped kernels. Place the popped corn in a large bowl or roasting pan.
- Add crushed candy canes and crushed Oreo Mint Creme Chocolate Sandwich Cookies to the popcorn and stir gently .
- Melt the vanilla candy coating according to the package directions. When completely smooth, stir in 1 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir gently with a rubber spatula until the popcorn is coated.
- Pour the popcorn onto a wax paper-lined cookie sheet and let sit until the melted candy coating hardens.
- Break into pieces and store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature.
- You may substitute 1 cup of popcorn (popped to make about 18 cups) for the microwave popcorn
- Be sure to remove any unpopped kernels before mixing the popcorn with the candy coating.
- Add as many Oreos as you like to make this treat extra chocolatey.