Peppermint – Chocolate – Popcorn – what more could you ask for? Here is a quick and easy snack that is perfect for gift-giving. Package in treat bags or decorative tins to share with teachers, neighbors, and friends…and be sure to keep some to enjoy for yourself!
Tip: Remember to remove unpopped kernels before mixing popcorn with other ingredients. Add as many Oreos as you like to make extra chocolatey.
Peppermint Cookies 'n Cream Popcorn
- 1 cup popcorn about 18 cups popped
- 5-6 candy canes crushed
- 3 cups crushed Oreo cookies more if you like
- 24 oz. Almond bark
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Place popcorn in a very large bowl. Pour crushed candy canes and Oroes on top of the popcorn.
- Melt the almond bark according to instructions on the package; stir in peppermint extract. Pour over popcorn and stir until fully coated.
- Pour popcorn onto wax paper and allow to harden. Once the popcorn has hardened, break into pieces and enjoy!