Would you consider yourself a guacamole or salsa lover when it comes to Mexican food? Frankly, I like them both and I must say that I really love this creative recipe by Chef-In-Training for Avocado Salsa. It’s the best of both worlds!
I have a major weakness for tortilla chips and just about any type of dip to go along with them. What I love about Avocado Salsa is that is quick, easy, and has that fresh coolness that makes it a perfect topping for enchiladas, burritos, or even fajitas. And, of course it’s delicious as a dip for those crispy tortilla chips, too.
Toss diced avocados, red onion, and Roma tomatoes with fresh lime juice, and spices and you have a beautifully delicious dip in minutes!
I am serious when I say I have a weakness for chips and salsa. My family will tell you that I can do some pretty serious damage with the Endless Chips and Salsa at Chili’s — I love their thin and crispy chips! So, it’s no wonder that I also love making dips and salsas at home, especially when tomatoes are in season.
If you are a salsa lover like me, you may enjoy a few of my other favorite Mexican dips:
- Favorite Fresh Salsa – best made with fresh tomatoes, not the hot-house grown ones! Choose the reddest, ripest for the best flavor in this salsa.
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsa – fire up the grill to make this roasted salsa verde; delicious on tacos and enchiladas!
- Green Chili Cheese Sauce – a recipe created by my daughter, you’ll love making nachoes with this creamy, cheesy sauce.
- Corn Salsa – don’t skip grilling the corn for this one – delicious!
Avocado Salsa. Try this fresh combo as a topping for Chicken Enchiladas or just serve as a dip with tortilla chips. Muy delicioso!
- 3 ripe avocados diced chunky
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, diced (or one container grape tomatoes)
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Dice the avocados, red onion, and tomatoes.
Add chopped veggies to a medium bowl along with chopped cilantro, lime juice, pepper, and garlic salt.
Toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Chef-in-Training.
Did you make this recipe?