This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Avocado Salsa has that fresh coolness that makes it a perfect topping for spicy dishes like enchiladas, burritos, or even fajitas. This quick and easy salsa recipe is delicious served as a dip with crispy tortilla chips, too.
Toss diced avocados, red onion, and Roma tomatoes with fresh lime juice, and spices and you have a beautifully delicious dip in minutes! Muy delicioso!
Would you consider yourself a guacamole or salsa lover when it comes to Mexican food? Frankly, I like them both and I must say that I really love today’s creative recipe by Chef-In-Training for Avocado Salsa. It’s the best of both worlds!
I am serious when I say I have a weakness for chips and salsa. My family will tell you that I can do some pretty serious damage with the Endless Chips and Salsa at Chili’s — I love those thin and crispy chips! So, it’s no wonder that I also love making dips and salsas at home, especially when tomatoes are in season.
Ingredients for Avocado Salsa
- Avocados — the start ingredient! Choose avocados that are ripe, but not overly soft for the best results.
- Red onion — a little goes a long way. If your onions seem too strong, put the diced onions in a colander and pour boiling water over, letting the water drain immediately. This will help take the “bite” out of the onions.
- Roma tomatoes — the redder the tomatoes, the better the taste
- Lime — I always use fresh lime juice, but you can also use bottled lime juice.
- Cilantro — a very popular herb in Mexican recipes (optional)
- Garlic salt — or substitute two cloves of minced garlic and sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
More Mexican Dip Recipes!
If you are a salsa lover like me, you may enjoy a few of my other favorite Mexican dips:
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsa – fire up the grill to make this roasted salsa verde; delicious on tacos and enchiladas!
- Green Chili Cheese Sauce – a recipe created by my daughter, you’ll love making nachos with this creamy, cheesy sauce.
- Corn Salsa – don’t skip grilling the corn for this one – delicious!
To make this recipe you may need…
A citrus press is a really handy tool to have in the kitchen. I had no idea that I’d use this little gadget as much as I do, We love it for juicing lemons and limes for vinaigrettes, drinks, and many more recipes!
Avocado Salsa Recipe
A few fresh ingredients and just 10 minutes is all you need to make this cool and refreshing salsa.
Your shares are how this site grows and I appreciate each one. Do you know someone who would enjoy this recipe? I’d love it if you would share it on Facebook or on your favorite Pinterest board!
- 3 ripe avocados diced chunky
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced (or one container grape tomatoes)
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dice the avocados, red onion, and tomatoes.
- Add chopped veggies to a medium bowl along with chopped cilantro, lime juice, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.