Avocado Salsa has that fresh coolness that makes it a perfect topping for spicy dishes like enchiladas, burritos, or even fajitas. This quick and easy salsa recipe is delicious served as a dip with crispy tortilla chips, too.
Toss diced avocados, red onion, and Roma tomatoes with fresh lime juice, and spices and you have a beautifully delicious dip in minutes! Muy delicioso!
Would you consider yourself a guacamole or salsa lover when it comes to Mexican food? Frankly, I like them both and I must say that I really love today’s creative recipe by Chef-In-Training for Avocado Salsa. It’s the best of both worlds!
I am serious when I say I have a weakness for chips and salsa. My family will tell you that I can do some pretty serious damage with the Endless Chips and Salsa at Chili’s — I love those thin and crispy chips! So, it’s no wonder that I also love making dips and salsas at home, especially when tomatoes are in season.
Ingredients for Avocado Salsa
- Avocados — the start ingredient! Choose avocados that are ripe, but not overly soft for the best results.
- Red onion — a little goes a long way. If your onions seem too strong, put the diced onions in a colander and pour boiling water over, letting the water drain immediately. This will help take the “bite” out of the onions.
- Roma tomatoes — the redder the tomatoes, the better the taste
- Lime — I always use fresh lime juice, but you can also use bottled lime juice.
- Cilantro — a very popular herb in Mexican recipes (optional)
- Garlic salt — or substitute two cloves of minced garlic and sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
More Mexican Dip Recipes!
If you are a salsa lover like me, you may enjoy a few of my other favorite Mexican dips:
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsa – fire up the grill to make this roasted salsa verde; delicious on tacos and enchiladas!
- Green Chili Cheese Sauce – a recipe created by my daughter, you’ll love making nachos with this creamy, cheesy sauce.
- Corn Salsa – don’t skip grilling the corn for this one – delicious!
To make this recipe you may need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
A citrus press is a really handy tool to have in the kitchen. I had no idea that I’d use this little gadget as much as I do, We love it for juicing lemons and limes for vinaigrettes, drinks, and many more recipes!
What else is new? Check out my Life, Love, and Good Food Store on Amazon! Thanks so much for being a part of our community!
Avocado Salsa Recipe
A few fresh ingredients and just 10 minutes is all you need to make this cool and refreshing salsa.
Your shares are how this site grows and I appreciate each one. Do you know someone who would enjoy this recipe? I’d love it if you would share it on Facebook or on your favorite Pinterest board! AND…if you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating!
- 3 ripe avocados, diced chunky
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 Roma Tomatoes,, diced (or one container grape tomatoes)
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro,, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dice the avocados, red onion, and tomatoes.
- Add chopped veggies to a medium bowl along with chopped cilantro, lime juice, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Chef-in-Training.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 7gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Sheila Thigpen, author of Easy Chicken Cookbook and The 5-Ingredient Fresh and Easy Cookbook, is a recipe developer, food photographer, and food writer. She spent 20+ years as a business manager in the publishing industry before she retired in 2018 to focus on her passions — cooking, photography, and writing. Living near the beautiful Smoky Mountains, Sheila and her husband have two adult daughters and two fine sons-in-law, are active in their church, love to travel, and have a precious little granddaughter who has stolen their hearts. Follow Sheila on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!