Salmon Croquettes. Capers and fresh parsley in the homemade tartar sauce make a delicious compliment for this quick, healthy, and guilt-free dinner.
You have no idea how excited I am to be including SALMON recipes on my blog these days! I’m especially excited about these Salmon Croquettes—pan-fried nice and crisp on the outside—which remind me of meals my grandmother used to make for our family.
Until just recently, my chief taste tester (a.k.a. my hubby) was NOT a fan of salmon. I don’t know exactly what changed about that, but after years of avoiding eating salmon dishes of any kind, he has now learned that he actually likes salmon – yeah!
That means that we will be enjoying fresh salmon on the grill this summer and it also means that I’ll be making these easy and delicious Salmon Croquettes for dinner every now and then.
I found salmon filets on sale and ended up grilling more than we could eat for dinner, so I decided to flake up the leftovers and make Salmon Croquettes. Actually, the last couple of weeks, we’ve had Salmon Croquettes twice — oh, the chore of recipe testing!
What we learned is that this recipe can be made with either fresh grilled salmon or with packaged salmon (sold in the canned tuna aisle), both with tasty results, although we preferred the fresh salmon croquettes.
Adding capers and fresh parsley make the homemade tartar sauce a delicious compliment for the croquettes. Serve them with a side spinach salad for a quick, healthy, and guilt-free dinner.
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup green onions,, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper,, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz. salmon, flaked (fresh or packaged skinless, boneless)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley,, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers,, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Stir together all ingredients (with a fork) except for Panko breadcrumbs until well combined. Add Panko and toss gently. Divide and shape into 8 patties; mixture will be loose - do not pack tightly together.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add croquettes and cook 5 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Stir together all ingredients; serve immediately with croquettes or chill until ready to serve.
Original recipe by Cooking Light
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 104mg Sodium: 872mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 25g