Looking for a fun Cinco de Mayo recipe? How about this easy appetizer? Refried beans and fresh guacamole are layered with sour cream, cheese, onions, and olives to create Cinco de Mayo Bean Dip. Serve this dip in margarita glasses with tortilla chips and enjoy the fiesta!
- 1 10 oz. can, diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 16 oz. can, refried beans
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 2-1/4 oz. can, sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the drained tomatoes and green chilies. Mix the remainder with the refried beans and spoon into a shallow dish or margarita glasses.
- On top of bean mixture, layer guacamole, sour cream, reserved tomatoes/chilies, cheese, green onions, and olives. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Slice avocados, remove seed, and scoop out pulp into a small bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over top. Add the red onion, tomatoes, and garlic and mash with a fork until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g